Ten: Need

It had been two weeks since Andie's little episode in the street. I was restless without her here, and I was terrified that I would drop back into the rut that I had previously been in. As much as I hate to admit it, she is helping. I mean really helping. I went out with the boys for four hours a couple nights ago. Four complete hours with only one freak out! It was a great accomplishment on my part. The first time that I had gone out voluntarily in seven months actually.  

 Without Andie, I wouldn't have been able to do that. I would have been sulking on my couch instead. So, again, as much as I hate to admit this, I think I want her here. Helping me. 

 So, mumbling about my decision to actually do this, I threw my jacket on and went out of my complex. It took awhile, but I remembered where Andie lived after about twenty minutes of driving around a couple streets more than a couple times. I roamed around her complex's halls for a bit, thinking about what her flat number was again. Thirty something? Thirty six was it? I knocked gently on that door, just to try my luck. 

 "Who is it?" A deep voice called out.

 Woah, definitely not Andie, but was she with someone?

 "It's Harry." I called. "Andromeda?" 

 A man opened the door and stared at quizzically. "No, but are you looking for that eccentric, hyper little thing that goes by Andie?"

 "That's the girl." I mentioned.

 "She is in thirty four," He pointed with his hand to the left, "Just down there."

 "Thanks." I said, my cheeks reddening slightly. 

I swung my long legs to the left and walked up to the door marked thirty four. I was about to knock like a normal person would, but Andie wasn't a normal person. I also had to pay her back with my own little one in the morning visit.

 Knock, knock. 

"Who's there?" I heard a slightly annoyed voice call through the door. 

A small smile flicked up on the corner of my lips, "Cow goes."

 "What? That doesn't make sense!" She ripped the door open and glared at me. "Why are you here?" 

 "Actually no, the cow goes moo." I replied with a small smile.

 "Harry, that isn't funny." She said as she leaned up against the door frame.

 She was barefoot this time, and she had no boost at all in her height. She was shorter than I had originally realized. Probably around 5"6, if I guessed correctly. Her hair was slightly messier, and her eyes, well they were sad. Very sad.

 "Now you know how I felt." I mentioned.

 She pushed at my shoulder, "What do you want?"

 "Well, you were helping me, but then you stopped. I wanted to know why?"

"Harry," She tried, but then she stopped and looked down at the ground. "I can't-"

 "Andromeda, please," I cut in, " you help me. I want  you to help me get better."

 "I can't okay? I thought I could, but you're too far gone!" She yelled as she tried to shut the door, but I grabbed the door, easily overpowering her. 

 Now it was my turn to look down at the ground, "Do you really think that?"  I asked, kicking at the door frame with my boot. 

 She sighed, "Yes." 

 "I don't believe you." I said, "because you are stubborn, and you are awfully persistent. Andromeda, um-"

 "Hemingway." She mentioned, smiling slightly.