Five: Gone

"Hey there, buddy, how's it going?" Louis asked me as I walked into the recording studio.

 We had a small break from the tour to record our new album for a bit, and I really couldn't wait to get back on tour. I needed to get out of London, quickly. 

 "Please, don't call me buddy in that context." I replied absently.

 "What context?" 

I rolled my eyes, "Oh come on, I'm not a twelve year old boy who lost his cat. Please, don't treat like one with such nicknames." 

 Louis laughed at my little outburst, "Somebody had a rough night. Did Juliet keep you up again?"

 Okay, so the boys knew the real reason why I couldn't sleep. I don't think they completely understood why I thought Juliet was keeping me up, but they went with it like the lovely friends that they are.

 I slouched into the couch and watched Liam record just behind the glass doors for a moment before responding to Louis. "Yeah, she did, but that isn't the only reason why my night was awful."

Louis scrunched his eyebrows together, not comprehending what I saying, "What was awful about your night? Bad shows on at three in the morning?"

 I chuckled softly, "Do you remember that girl I met at the diner?" He nodded, "She showed up at my door around one in the morning."

 "What did you do?"

 "I, um, followed her out the door, and she started giving me directions to someplace, and then she just started yelling at me, and I yelled back until we both gave up, and she took a cab home."

 I took Lou was having trouble figuring out a response, but after enduring a few seconds of a disbelieving stare he said, "That is an odd way to spend an evening, but I think I may like this Andie girl."

Wow, talk about a sharp slap to the face.

 "What?!" I yelled and it actually made Louis jump a little, "Have you not been listening to me when I tell you about how utterly annoying this girl is?"

 "I have and that's why I like this girl. She is the only one that can get emotion out of you. She presses your buttons. Mate, you've only met her twice and you've been more emotional about her than anything else in two months. She makes you alive again, so, yeah, I like her."

 "Well, why don't you go deal with her then?" I said half-heartedly, because I knew he was right. Andie pressed my buttons, and she made me think and feel again. I didn't like that she was the only who actually managed to do that.  Why couldn't people I like get emotion out of me?

 "I would like to meet her, yeah. She seems fun."

 "You're an idiot." I replied.

 "Wow, she really messes with your mind, doesn't she?"

 "Yes! Now do have any idea of how I could get rid of her?"

 "Oh, no way, as far as I'm concerned she can stay as long as she likes. I like seeing alive Harry too much to get rid of her."

 I puffed my cheeks out and then let out a long breath in frustration. Why? Why did people seem to continually be on someone else's side? Why could no one ever agree with me? I mean, Juliet doesn't even agree with me! This is so messed up. There is nothing wrong with being sad. It's been two months! People around me are acting like she has been gone for fifteen years. I'm fine with how I'm coping with this, why can't other people be as well?

 "What's on your hand?" Louis asked suddenly and he took my hand to examine the faded ink. "This isn't a new tattoo is it?"

 "No, it isn't a tattoo. It's pen ink. Why would I get a tattoo on the inside of my hand?"