Thirteen: Daytime

Eight days, that's the amount of time it has been since Andie and I had our rest night under the stars. Apparently she has another life outside of me and the night. Go figure.  

 It's actually almost Christmas, and I'm beginning to think she lied when she said we would do lesson five before the end of the week. Lesson five is, as Andie continuously tells me, going to be rough. All of them are rough on me. I mean lesson four was me telling Andie all about Jules, and that about ripped my heart out. This is the only one in which she specifically told me that it would be rough. It's terrifying. I know a lot of things scare me nowadays, but this is a different scared. This is the kinda scared that makes me want to do it to get it over with instead of torturing myself with how it may or may not turn out.

 I sat down on the couch, wondering what I was going to do on this Saturday afternoon to get my mind off of lesson five. My friends don't usually invite me a lot of places anymore, because they forget I go out occasionally now. I don't blame them for forgetting, since my hermit days lasted for such a long time.  

 I started scrolling through my contacts, seeing who I wanted to hang out with for awhile, when my phone buzzed in my hand.

Andie: So I'm outside and it's bloody freezing out here. Bring your keys, time for lesson five

I stared at the text for a moment. It was two in the afternoon. The sun was out! If anything could scare me more about lesson five, it was that nocturnal Andie was out in the daytime. I sat there in shock for a moment, wondering what on earth was going to happen, when my phone buzzed again.

Andie: Seriously Curls my nose is going to fall off if you don't get your butt out here

I grabbed my keys and my jacket before rushing downstairs and to Andie. I had to see if this was truly real, or if she was just messing with me.

 "Finally." She mumbled as she climbed into my car in her black jeans and green heels. "About to freeze to death." 

 I stared at her for a moment, wanting to touch her, just see if she was real. I guess my vampire theory was out the window now, because the sun, which was struggling through the clouds, was shining its rays right on her brown hair. She looked over at me, cocking her head to the side slightly.

 "What's wrong, Curls?"

 "It's daytime." I almost whispered.

 She gave me a weird look, "Yes it is."

 "You're here and it's daytime."

 "Harry, just because I don't like the daytime, doesn't mean I don't live in it anyway."

 "Where are we going that involves the light?" I asked still whispering.

Andie sighed and messed nervously with the necklace hanging from her neck, "You're aren't going to like it." 

*  *  *

 "No." I said defiantly. "No, definitely not. I refuse." 

 "Harry, please, you have to do this." Andie begged as she zipped up her coat, preparing to go out there.

 "No, I do not."

 I was sitting in my car outside the graveyard. She was there. I hadn't come here in eight months, and I certainly don't want to go there now. I can't go there now. I'll break.

 "Harry-"

 "Andromeda, I can't. Okay? I need another lesson. Anything else, but, please, don't make me go in there." 

 "You need to accept it." She said firmly. 

 "I don't want to." I replied, crossing my arms against my chest, as if I was a small child.