Chapter Thirty-Five

Soft lips touched. After a long day it was all they needed to feel safe in each others arms. Moving his hands down to his waist, feeling the boy next to him tense up he knew he went too far. 

Michael pulled away first, "I-I'm sorry, I want to go farther but it's just a reflex by now," Michael apologized quickly. 

Luke shook his head and pulled Michael closer, "Don't you dare apologize again, you're just not ready and I can wait," kissing his forehead, he hated the guilt he knew Michael had. 

"I am ready, but I'm not at the same time I don't understand," Growing frustrated he pushed himself away from Luke. Sitting up he sat on the edge of the bed. 

Michael hated this. He wanted to do so much more with Luke but he couldn't. He wanted to be under Luke and receive pleasure but all he's used to is pain and force. He knows Luke wouldn't do that, and he's ready for him but it's annoying that he still has this fear. It makes Michael hate himself a little bit more then he already does.

He felt hands on his shoulders and glanced at Luke who just gave him a sad smile.

"You know I will wait, it takes time," Luke said as he rubbed his shoulders.

"It's all we got," They both smile at that as they sit in darkness.

That night, they fall asleep in each others arms. Something Luke has never done and Michael was always afraid of doing after Adam. It was a night of firsts. 

--

Waking up the next morning alone was the worst thing that Michael could wake up to. Checking the time he noticed that it was one in the afternoon. He quickly got up, wondering why the twins haven't made any noise. 

Opening the door to their room he grew panicked. They weren't in their room. Rushing to the living room that was empty, Michael entered full on panic mode. Where was Luke? Where was his babies?

Before running off back to his room he noticed a small note on his table. 

Babe,

Since you don't work today, and I have no classes. We will be going on a date, you are not allowed to say no. I got the twins ready and took them to school. I knew you would forget that their schooling started again today and I just thought you would like to know where they are. Ashton already agreed with Calum that they can stay with them after so we can enjoy ourselves. I get out of work at around four so see you then. -luke

Placing the note back down. Michael went over to the fridge and did see that the twins were meant to go back to school today. Being so caught up in himself Michael forgot that the twins had to go to school. Showing him how bad of a father he really was. Who forgets to take their kids to school? Were they even ready to go?

Not even bothering to eat, Michael went back to bed and covered up with his blanket. He had a date with Luke, but that was the last thing he wanted to do right now. He wants Luke. He wanted to date him and then love him with all he has.

But you have to love yourself before you can love anyone else. Michael was struggling with that and he didn't think anyone understood him. He felt alone, he was scared and he just wanted to be the best he could be. Although, he truly thought that that was impossible. 

Michael wanted to be normal. He wanted a normal life. He wanted to be able to do things with his potential boyfriend without being scared. He wants to be able to depend on himself and no one else. He wants to be strong, not just for himself but the twins as well. He wants to be so many things, but it'll take time.  Time is all they got, but Michael can't find enough time to fix himself before he crashes and takes everyone with him.