Chapter Thirteen

Michael had rent due tomorrow but he had a problem. He was $100 short of the amount he needed to pay. He realized this after Calum left. He worked extra hours to get the money but he needed food for his kids. He decided he had to go see Ashton and possible ask him.

Getting his phone he called his friend. Hoping he was home and not off being busy do things that Ashtons do in their free time.

"Michael?" Ashton answered, he sounded out of breath.

"Ashton? Why does it sound as if you just ran around the block?" He questioned, getting the little ones jackets and shoes together.

"F-Fu.ck....never mind that, what do you need?"

Michael knew what was going on now. He bet Ashton was with Calum. He still decided to go over, "I'm coming over."

"But Calum is kinda over right now," He could hear how his friend basically beg him in voice to come over later. But Michael isn't the nicest friend out there.

"I'll be there in twenty," Michael stated and hung up his phone before Ashton could say anything.

Now he had to get the twins ready. They were finishing up their movie. Michael went over to them with their shoes in hand. They had their eyes glued to the screen as Michael struggled with putting their shoes on without any help. As he finished tying Max's shoes the credits flashed on the screen. Just in time.

"Alright, we're going to Ashton's," Michael stated before turning off the tv.

The twins let out words of excitement as their dad held out their jackets for them. Helping them zip the jackets up. He grabbed what he needed and picked up Marci. He went to go open the door before he were to take Max's hand. As he opened the door he was greeted by the all familiar blue eyes.

"Oh hey, I just came over to hang out or something but I can just go back home," Luke turned around but Michael reached out and grabbed his shoulder.

Michael wasn't sure what was going on with him having so many visitors today but it made him feel wanted.

"You can come with, we were just going over to Ashtons," Michael knew his ex somehow ended up in the same city as him and he didn't want to be alone if he ran into them.

Luke smirked, "Great, because Calum told me he's over there."

Michael liked the idea of making fun of his best friend while Luke does the same.

Michael walked out of the apartment, closing its door. When he looked farther down he didn't see Max. He looked to Luke seeing that Luke was holding Max. Being relieved that his son didn't run off they started to walk towards the elevator. Once reaching the outside, Michael felt a hand make its way into his. Being strong enough to carry his daughter with one arm, Luke doing the same. Michael felt content. Happy with his hand in Lukes and Luke holding his son.

What they didn't know was that they were being watched.

-----------------------

Thankfully they made it to the bus stop ten minutes early. Michael sneaked looks at Luke. While Luke sneaked looks at Michael. Both giving each other smiles when their eyes finally met.

Michael assured that it was fine to just walk into Ashtons. Luke didn't want to interrupt anything but once Michael told him about the phone call earlier he was okay with it.

Luke didn't understand why Michael just didn't live with Ashton. It was obvious that there was enough room for both of the young adults and two kids but Luke didn't question it.

"OH ASHTON I AM HERE AND YOU BETTER BE DRESSED AS I HAVE THE YOUNG WITH ME," Michael yelled into the house. Not needing his kids to see a naked Ashton or Calum perhaps.

Calum and Ashton both walked out of Ashtons bedroom. Calum hiding behind Ashton as he saw Luke. The twins wiggled from their grips to be put down. Once they were put down they ran over to Ashton. Attaching themselves to his legs.

Luke was watching the way Calum tried his best to hide behind Ashton. Calum kept looking over at Michael, as if to distract Luke. But as before Michael wasn't always the nice friend and just stood there smiling at the two.

"Uh Mike man, you said you needed to talk? Ashtons voice rasped out. Clearly showing what was happening before.

Michael nodded. He went into the kitchen, sitting down and waiting for Ashton to appear. A few minutes later he came into the room, clearly annoyed that Michael had ruined his time with Calum.

"What's up man?" Sitting down next to Michael; waiting for an answer.

"My rent...I'm sorry Ashton I really really am. I just happen to be $100 short and I don't even have food for the kids," Michael would have countied his rant but was cut short.

"It's okay, honestly. I'll give extra for food for you and the kids," As Ashton said food for Michael he instantly felt guilty.

Michael rarely ate. Partly because he knew he was fat and didn't need to gain more weight. But mostly because all the food went to his kids. Whatever food he managed he gave to them. They needed it more then him.

Ashton noticed the look on Michaels face, "Michael, you do eat right? We have talked about this before."

Michael nodded,"Don't worry I do," Yes it was a lie but Ashton believed this one.

Ashton sometimes knew Michael better then himself. With just one look he knew something else was bothering his friend.

"What else is it?"

Michael was afraid to admit it. He heard laughter from the room. Knowing Calum and Luke were busy with the twins. He didn't want Ashton to overreact to what he was about to tell him. If he didn't tell him he wouldn't be allowed to leave till he did.

Michael took a deep breathe before talking, "It's Adam, he's here."

I hope you liked this chapter. I feel like my writing sucks lol but I guess some of you think otherwise.

Thoughts on Cashton? (this wasn't originally planned i swear)

Thoughts on who could've been watching Luke and Michael?

What was your new years resolution's??