Chapter Twenty-Seven

Lukes point of view again

Michael was released from the hospital a couple days ago. He was allowed days off from work but he had to go back sometime. He can't depend on people his entire life. Although, he wanted to just be friends with Luke at the moment, that didn't stop him from coming over and watching the kids while Michael worked.

When Michael had opened the door, Luke has never seen Michael so dead looking before. He was definitely smaller from not eating. There was a permanent frown on his face. He still looked good, but you could tell by one look he wasn't okay.

Luke was told simple instructions before Michael left with kissing the twins of the forehead. Before all this happened Michael was quiet. But now, he barely says a word unless he's forced. Luke knew he was told to ignore his feelings and accept the just friends for the moment. But that didn't mean he couldn't show Michael how appreciated he is.

--

Hours later Michael had come home from work. Luke watching the tv while the kids sat on the floor playing with their toys. They sent their dad smiles, too far into playing to get up and greet him. Luke stood up and made eye contact with Michael. Michael went to reach for his wallet to pay. But, just like before Michael could Luke stopped him.

"Maybe you should go check out your bedroom," With that Luke left the apartment to go to his own.

Afraid of what he might find he still had to go to his room to change. Keeping his eyes fixed on the floor he reached his room. Taped to the door was a red rose with a note attached. Reading, We were never official but that doesn't mean that I can't apperciate you as if we were. ~Luke

Gently taking it off the door he entered his room. In a way he expected to find something in his room from Luke but their wasn't anything. Michael collapsed on his bed, ignoring the slight pain and smiled. He pushes Luke away but he comes back even stronger. How did he get so lucky?

--

"Wait..he left you a rose with a note that said that?" Ashton asked through the phone.

"Yea he did," Michael couldn't help but smile.

Holding the note between his fingers. His kids were across the hall and already in bed.

"He's falling hard," Ashton stated.

Michael was worried of the future he could have with Luke but pushed the thought away, "And I'm almost ready to catch him."

Ashton was happy for his friend. After being mistreated, he deserved someone to treat him the way he deserves. He just hopes Luke won't run away after he finds out everything. Letting yourself date a man with two kids already, and a harsh past leaves one with a lot of baggage. He was just hoping Luke would be there to carry it all and take care of himself while doing so.