Chapter Three

After suffering in his car for twenty minutes without heat he pulled into Wal-Mart. He ran his fingers through his hair, trying to make it somewhat decent. He didn't need to rush but he did want to go back to his apartment for alone time. He never called it his home because it simply never felt like it. 

Walking straight to the kid section he was excited to get the twins new toys. Only having eighty dollars, he knew that he could buy at least a few things for each. Back in his mind he knew that the money should go toward rent, although his twins were more important to him right now. 

Michael realized his problem the moment he stood in front of the toys. He didn't know what they wanted or even liked. Surely they would be happy with anything Michael got them but he wanted it to be specifically something they wanted. He wasn't about to call Ashton for help either. Out of the corner of his eye he saw someone start to walk up to him.

"Excuse me sir, do you need help with anything?" The voice instantly made Michael calm, turning he saw the most attractive guy he has seen in awhile. If you didn't count Calum that is. He was tall, taller then Michael which he didn't think was possible. His almost ocean blue eyes were locked onto Michael waiting for a reply.

"I-um...no?" It came out more as a question making the blonde boy in front of him raise his eyebrow, as if he was asking 'are you sure?'

"I guess so..." Michael wasn't about to waste an opportunity to hang out with a cute guy, even though this guy was probably straight.

The boy in front of him smiled, getting slightly closer to the older boy, "Well,.....wait what's your name?"

"I'm Michael," Michael replied, seeing the worker hold out his hand.

As he went to go shake his hand, the worker stated, "Well Michael, I'm Luke."

Michael smirked taking Lukes hand, "I know, I kinda figured that since that's what your name tag says."

Luke then blushed like mad, Michael just smiled. He looked back at the toys and realized he still had a problem. 

Luke spoke up again, ignoring the awkwardness he was experiencing, "So who are you shopping for?"

Michael was afraid to admit he had a son, he didn't want to scare the guy off. Because maybe Michael wanted to get the guys number at the end of this but no one had to know that.

"My sons birthday is in a few days." Michael stated as the blonde just nodded and started eyeing the toys. He picked up a spider-man action figure. Holding it out to Michael. Michael took it and then looked at the price. Only being $9, he kept it in his hands.

"Do you happen to be single or?" Luke said without thinking, making Michael glance up at him once again. 

Michael gave a small smile before looking back at the toys, "Yea, actually I am," Luke nodded at the reply, happy the conversation wasn't turning sour.

"Well Michael, anything else you need help with?" Luke asked, wanting to make sure Michael gets everything he wanted to get today.

 "I have a daughter too," Michael stated, going towards the other aisles. 

Luke followed him. Handing Michael a barbie doll with an extra clothes set. 

Michael smiled, "Thanks Luke."

Michael went to go walk away but he felt fingers wrap around his arm, pulling him back. 

"Do you maybe want to hang out? I get off in a few minutes," 

Michael just nodded. Not wanting to risk his voice messing him up, "I'll meet you up front."

-----------------

It was five minutes after he had paid for the few toys he had bought and still no sign of Luke. Michael started to leave, feeling stupid. Right as he was about to leave someone jumped on his back. 

"Don't leave without me." The person on his back whined.

Now Michael was not the strongest person around and his knees happened to give out making him fall. He heard giggling from on top of him and pushed the person off. 

"Sorry man, I just didn't want you to leave without me," Luke smiled, helping Michael up.

Michael didn't say anything as he led Luke to his car. 

"Sorry its old and I live like five minutes away anyways," Luke nodded at Michaels statement. It wasn't like he cared. After all, he was a college student.

To Luke this old car was better walking in the cold like he usually does. 

Pulling into the small parking lot for the set apartments, Luke spoke up. "You live here too? Your also in college?"

"Yes I live here, and no. It was the only place I could afford." Luke nodded, following Michael into the building. 

Once in the elevator he watched Michael hit the same floor key as the floor he lived on. Floor 5. He didn't make any comments on how they lived on the same floor. They kept walking in silence. Michael freaking out wondering why he let some random guy come home with him. Michael stopped at the second to last apartment on the left.

Unlocking his door Luke stood there. This wasn't how Luke wanted to meet his neighbor, finally being able to match a face to the boy that cries so much. Luke wanted to hug Michael and let him know everything would be okay but for right now he just had to pretend he didn't know. He had to pretend he didn't hear Michaels cries every night, and he wasn't sure how but he was going to make Michael the happiest guy in the world.

They met :) it sucks i know i apologize.