Chapter Six

Michael had sent the text fifteen minutes ago, getting a reply that he would bring the toy since after all it was at his house. Michael and Luke were at the table talking about a random movie that is coming out, "Would you like to go to the movies with me tonight?"

  Michael just nodded, knowing his cheeks started to go red. Luke never said it was a date but that was what the first thing that popped into Michaels head. This seemed to go unnoticed by Luke, texting Calum what his plans were for the night. A knock at the door made the pair jump, Michael getting up to answer it. 

  Michael was taken into a huge hug that surprised him but he hugged back. "You doing okay?" Michael shrugged at Ashtons question. 

"Ashy!"

  The sound of two kids running filled the apartment, it was a repeat of the other day or more like everyday. Michael looked over at Luke who was watching Ashton. Pulling apart from the kids, Ashton noticed Luke. "Now who are you and what are you doing here?"

  The tone Ashton used made Luke go wide eye, afraid of what would happen if he answered. Marci and Max watching the adults. Before Luke could answer Michael did.

  "He's a friend Ash."

 Ashton just nodded, carefully looking at Luke as if he would find something out about him by just looking at him. 

 "I also need you to watch the twins."

"Why?"

 "Because he has a date."

Michael looked at Luke, cheeks going red again. Luke realized he had said that out loud making his cheeks go red.

"Daddy whats a date?"

"I uh..don't worry about it."

Ashton grabbed a hold of Michaels arm, pulling him down the hallway while mumbling a small 'excuse us'. Michael knew there would be questions, there always is with Ashton. 

"A date Michael? Are you sure you are okay enough for this?"

Michael just nodded, "He didn't say it was a date at first right? Then you show up and he says its a date and oh my god Ashton what if I fall or he actually hates me I can't do this Ashton."

"You didn't take your medication today did you?"

Rage built up in Michael, trying to keep his voice in a whisper. "I never take my stupid medication, I don't need it Ashton, and out of all the things I say you are more worried about that? Some friend you are."

Ashton just let out a sigh before taking Michael into a hug. Michael tried to pull away but Ashton kept a firm hold on him. Ashton could sense a small panic attack coming on and he knew Michael wouldn't want that with Luke here. Rubbing circles into his back he could feel Michael become more relaxed in his hold. 

"Michael I care about you, I want you to be happy and I know its hard, but I am here for you."

  Michael wanted to cry, he didn't understand what he did to deserve Ashton as his best friend but he has him. Since they were kids Ashton has always been there and he couldn't be more grateful. There was a small crash, followed by cries making the two pull apart from the hug. Michael rushed to where the sound came from and found Max on the floor of the bathroom. The small stool was no longer by the sink or standing up right. Taking Max into his arms he started to comfort his son. 

  Meanwhile Ashton walked back out to where Luke was, now doing whatever on his phone. Luke looked up from his phone and saw that Ashton was already looking at him. He quickly looked back down at his phone, afraid of Ashton. He knew this was the Ashton Calum always talked about but he didn't want to bring that up.