Chapter One

The bills were stacked high on the counter, barely being able to afford the apartment he lives in.  Cringing at last nights pizza box sitting on the other counter, never bothering to put it away. It was only seven in the morning but he was ready for sleep. Collapsing onto the worn couch. It was the twins birthday soon and although he had barely any money, he had to make the day special for his babies. They were going to be four, only one more year and they will be at school. They should be in preschool but he didn't have the money, he didn't find it necessary anyways. 

         He heard the small patter of feet come from down the hallway and he lifted his head to see his son Max. 

"What'd you doing up bud?" Rubbing his eyes he ran over to Michael and jumped into his arms. Wrapping his arms around him he smiled. 

        "You said we was going to Ashy's," Michael mentally cursed for his sons good memory. He sighed knowing that there was a reason his son ran to him. 

Sitting up he placed his son down on the couch, "We'll leave in a few hours okay?" 

    Max nodded but was disappointed that he wouldn't see his favorite person in the world sooner. Michael walked over to the small tv and turned it on, putting a movie in for Max to watch. Michael couldn't afford any channels, frowning when remembering the twins telling him that they loved Ashtons house more. Knowing that Ashton had every channel possible, even the movie channels. Michael walked down to his room, passing the twins rooms. He peaked in and saw that Marci was still asleep. He smiled at the sight, knowing she already had his sleeping habit. Max on the other hand liked being up early, even at a young age. 

    Once in his room, which didn't hold much besides a bed, a dresser, and a lamp. He collapsed onto his bed, already feeling the tears coming to his eyes. He just wanted to be a good father to his children but they didn't even like him. He hates how he can't give them everything they ask for, he hates how they have to live in this cheap apartment with no good view. He hates how everyone else in this apartment building is basically a college student. He hates being alone. Even surrounded by his kids he felt alone. He loved them with all he has but he feels like they love his friends more. Hearing the familiar ringtone he picked up his phone.

   "Hello?" His voice was strained, letting the other person know that he was crying not even two minutes ago. 

"Mike man, you alright? You've been crying again haven't you?" Ashtons voice came from the other side and Michael nodded but Ashton couldn't see him anyways. Ashton didn't wait for a reply. 

   "Michael you need to stop, they love you don't say they don't," 

Weird how Ashton knew why he was crying but its not like it was the first time. Ashton didn't wait for a reply because he knew he wouldn't get one. 

"I'll see ya later man, if you need anyone call," Then he hung up, leaving Michael alone in his bed crying. Little did he know that a certain blonde next door heard his cries, breaking his heart by the second. Leaving the boy to wonder why his neighbor cries so much. 

so here is the first chapter, let me know what you think ? :)