Chapter Ten

What do you do when the worst thing to ever happen to you is back in your life? Michael couldn't breathe as he caught sight of his ex. He was at work. His job being a cashier at Spend&Shop. He motioned to a manger, praying almost that his ex wouldn't notice him. He wasn't suppose to be here. Not now. 

 "Michael? What's wrong?" His manger asked concerned, seeing Michael looking paler then ever. If that was even possible. 

 Michael met his mangers eyes, "I need to go," He took a deep breath, "I'm sorry I will work double shift tomorrow or something I just need to go."

 His manger just nodded. Understanding something bad or important had to be going on, "You can go, you're lucky we are not as busy."

  Michael nodded, quickly signing off. Rushing to the back room to check out he called Ashton. He needed Ashton. He didn't even remember if Ashton was home today or not but he needed him. His kids were at the elderly women's house who Michael met a few months ago. 

 Ashton didn't answer and he started to panic. He needed out of the store but he wouldn't dare leave without someone by his side. He couldn't risk running into him. Not knowing what he would do to him. Michael didn't know that many people. Luke! He could call Luke. Him and Luke texted but they never really hung out since their last date. He hoped Luke wasn't at work as well or he would be screwed. 

  After the first two rings, Luke answered, "Michael?"

  "I-I need you to come pick me up, please please please, I need someone," Michael let out a sob, not even caring who heard or saw him. He didn't even care that Luke heard him like this. Not knowing Luke has heard it to many times before. 

  Luke didn't question Michael. Only asking one, on where he was. Once he told him Luke said he'd be there as soon as he could. Michael waited. It was ten minutes later when he got a text from Luke, saying he was in the store. He said he could come to the door in back and Michael would meet him there. 

  Michael had finally gotten the courage to step out into the store. Eyes landing on Luke as he made his way towards the doors, now Michael. He was dressed in black jeans, with a black hoodie. His hair was flat against his head, as if he wasn't expecting to go out today. Michael wasn't crying anymore but that didn't stop him from going into Lukes arms for comfort. 

 Luke wrapped his arms around Michael. Holding him. Luke wasn't in any rush so he wouldn't pull away. Michael pulled away first because he realized Luke wouldn't. Luke kissed Michaels forehead before taking his hand in Michaels. 

  Michael liked that Luke didn't ask any questions. 

  Luke was waiting for when Michael would be ready to tell Luke. He didn't want to pressure the boy. 

  They were almost out of the store when they both turned their hands to someone yell Michaels name. Luke saw the fear on Michaels face, pulling on his arm and pulling him out of the store. Luke didn't know who the person was. But by Michaels face he could tell he didn't want to be by that person. Luke wanted to protect Michael. Michael needed someone to protect him even if he didn't want to admit it. Luke was ready to be that person. 

Thoughts?

I'm thinking there will be lots of Muke stuff happening next chapter, lol, hope you liked the short chapter. :)