Chapter 3 - Morgan's No Sportsman.

Magsimula sa umpisa

The 9 year-old boy, weighing about 100 pounds more than normal, knew his size wouldn’t allow him down the slide after Nat, so he turned his attention to me and quickly began covering my footsteps. Running opposite to me was Poopy Payton – both heading towards the jungle gym’s only pole. Unfortunately, him and his filthy hands made it down the pole before me, where I stood above it gagging and contemplating on whether to go down. From the corner of my eye, I spotted two of the boys running towards me, so I reached my leg out to wrap it around the pole when two hands slammed against my back. Just as I thought the woodchip-filled ground would catch my  fall, my eyes caught the green eyes of Harry styles. Back then his hair wasn’t so fluffy. It was quite straight and he sported bangs. My head was cuffed gently in his elbow, allowing me to smell watermelon bath soap. A second grader wrapped in the arms of Harry Styles wouldn’t quite have the same deep hormonal reactions of a teenage girl, but he still made me feel like a Disney princess.

"Are you okay?" Harry whis[ered as he put me down from his arms.

I was standing on my two feet again, and I sniffled trying my hardest to hold back the tears. "Yes I'm fine, it's them again. They wont stop bothering me"

"It's okay, just try to ignore them, they'll stop eventually," Harry said assumingly. "Just stay away from them for now." He stood there waiting for me to respond, and I nodded. After I nodded he walked away and I ran away from the park as the recess bell called us back inside for class. 

The next day at school, Niall came and informed me that Harry had apparently gotten expelled from school because of a big fight he had with the same group of boys that were bothering us the day before.

According to Niall, Harry went up to them and told them to leave me alone, and gave them numerous of threats and began a fistfight with them after they ignored his threats.

Harry Styles sticking up for me? It was reality that I couldn't seem to process through my mind. I couldn't believe this was actually happening. 

The boy I thought who knew me as just this girl in second grade, who had barley even spoken to me before, but had got expelled from school because of me? 
After a couple days I came to find out that Harry had switched schools and never came back.

It broke my heart, I didn’t even get to say thanks to him.

But it was like destiny wanted us to meet again, because just as 9th grade began, l saw him at our school, strutting  down the hallways with all eyes on him. Over the years I had obviously developed a taste in boys and I then came to realize how attractive Harry really was. He had grown incredibly tall in height, his short straight hair had grown into long curls that stayed tousled in place, but those same dimples and that same cheeky smile were still there. 

I never had the guts to go to him and say thanks or at the very least a "Hello, remember me? Rachel? The girl you saved?" Mostly because of..well... I just didn't have the guts to.

It was just so long ago and saying thanks now...just wouldn't be that necessary. What if he didn't even remember and denied whatever happened? Atleast I knew it was true, thats all I needed. It was just the way I was, I over analyzed things so much that one day I was sure my mind would explode. He acted like he didn't even recognize me...probably because he didn't, and so I decided not talking to him about it would be the right idea. I would just live life secretly crushing over him forever, at a vast distance. 

And here I was, doing just that. 

I was heading off to my next class, while there was an announcement on the P.A.system.

"Could Rachel Morgan please come to the principals office, Rachel Morgan."

Wonderful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Rachel, I just wanted to talk to you about one of your classes." The principal greeted me as I  stepped into the office.

She was a short stubby woman, with hair that only reached her shoulders, and had glasses that always remained at the tip of her nose. She wasn't all that bad, but I just didn't find her that great either. 

"Mrs. Kansalas, I've been doing good in all my classes, I've received an average of 85% in every class! I don’t see the reason for why I have been called down---"

"Rachel, you need to calm down. Yes you are an excellent student, and coming to the principals office doesn't always necessarily mean that you're in trouble. I tell you this everytime" She smirked, and winked at me with those annoying glasses ready to fall off of her nose any second now. I just wanted to stand up and push them back myself.

I rolled my eyes and let her explain before anxiety ate me alive.

"However, today Rachel, that is not the case. You're not in trouble, but I have been wanting to speak to you about something in particular. You are an outstanding student indeed, but except for in one class, which I'm sure you are aware of, is PE."

I groaned, aware at where this was going.

"Rachel due to your lack of participation in gym and very low scores for track purposes I'm afraid, that to be able to pass PE this year, you're going to have to earn at least a 70%, while your average being 45% at the moment. There is only one way to get you to pass and that is to make you join one of the school sports teams, and the only one avaliable for this season at this time is... Volleyball" 

l froze right there. It felt like that ground was crumbling beneath my feet and I was falling into a hole. No way in the world was this stubby short lady about to force me into playing the sport that was my archenemy!

"No way, nonononononono, this can't be possible,  Mrs. Kansalas you know how bad I am at volleyball! Not only do I just not wanna play it, but I really, really suck and everyone knows it! Volleyball teams are the most competitive! They will literally grab me and slit my throat if I'm the reason for making them lose. Please don't do this to me! I have a reputation you know!"

"Dear, I'm very sorry but there’s nothing I can do, unless an honors student like you wants to do 12th grade all over again just for PE that's fine with me..."

God, if I could I would kill this woman right now, or at the very least rip her glasses off of her pointy nose and crush them. But I took a deep breathe instead, and nodded my head. 

"No, I'll-I'll do it, then. I guess. Thanks Mrs. Kansalas."

"Good. I've already signed you up, and due to your late attendance from this morning you missed the announcements, which means you probably have missed the last practice before the game tonight."

"NOOO! WHAT!? You can't do that to me! You cant just make me a join a team I absolutely suck at and not even get a chance to have practice----"

She slammed her fist on the desk. "Rachel, your time is up. You've got to go to your next class now."

I bit my lip and sighed. There was no point in arguing now, the decision had already been made.

"Okay, thanks a lot for everything Mrs. K, thanks, a lot." I gritted my teeth and stormed out of the obvious. 

What an absolutley brilliant way to kill the start to the best birthday...

End of Chapter 3!

Hope you all enjoyed once again! Leave your commments please, and make sure to vote if you like it! :) 

-- Rida xx