- Marital Bonding the Fun Way -

Author note- hey my lovely readers just wanted to say that if you love Newtmas fanfiction then you should check out my bestest friend in the whole world's new story Broken Glass by AthinaTomlinson
As usual thank you for reading...i hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Also im Going to do a big and extra long chapter for chapter 200!!!!

I led on the bed still wrapped in my towel. Newt was in the shower now, I didn't know why we decided to shower because we will end up getting sweaty anyway. Atticus was going to start training us today.

I grinned as i stood out in the grass, punch bags and obstacle courses stood around us, i grinned at each piece of equipment where as Newt sighed, he looked tired already just by looking at them. I laughed "you dont have to do this Newt" 

"I have to...i'm basically the runt of our group" he frowned like a five year old. I burst out laughing, so much so that i had to bent over to stop my stomach from hurting. "It's alright for you...you're genetically strong. im naturally scrawny" he frowned again.

"Right, you ready? We'll start easy, get a punching bag and start punching it until you are dripping with sweat" Atticus folded his arms and showed Newt how to punch properly. it was incredibly funny watching them, i spent the first five minutes watching Newt try and punch the bag and Atticus stopping him every second punch to correct his legs and fists. I finally turned towards my own bag. My robot arm still felt great, i clenched both hands into fists, growled and swung for the bag. my real hand made the bag swing slightly but my robot one knocked it over. it landed with a huge crash that shook the other bags around it. Atticus and Newt looked at me "bloody hell! See at least i dont break the equipment" Newt laughed and winked. "No, you cant even hit the equipment no worried about you breaking it" Atticus nudged him "Hey maybe we should work on your control a bit, you need to hold back especially with that arm, its going to be difficult when i know you are so used to just going for it but we'll get there" Atticus put a hand on my shoulder. "Obstacle course. First one to finish gets ice cream." Newts face lit up but then dropped because he knew the chances of him winning were slim.

We started running. Newt kept up with me, seeing as his ankle wasn't broke anymore. We army crawled under netting and through mud. We hurdles over wood, my arm could hold my weight ten times over it was an incredible machine. Newt was dragging behind as I got to the tall stone wall with vines hanging down. Climbing it was a breeze for me I reached the top and let myself drop down the other side I began tackling the next obstacle when I looked behind me expecting to see Newt, but he wasn't there...
Oh shit....
I started climbing the wall again...Newt and walls didn't go together. My mind flashed back to when I saw him jump from that wall in the maze. I felt sick but kept climbing. I reached the top and sure enough Newt was about a foot off the floor holding himself against the wall breathing quickly. I internally scolded myself. I abseiled down the wall and reached for him with my metal hand "hey" Newts eyes snapped up to me.
"I don't think I can do this greenie" he said his voice broke.
"Yes you can. Take my hand" I smiled.
"I'll fall I can't have a bad ankle again"
"I won't let you fall" I looked into his eyes and down into his soul. I know he trusted me, he knew if he took my hand he'd be fine.
"Newt. I wasn't there last time. But I promise you I will not let you fall." He took a deep breath and took my hand.
"Let's see what this baby can do" I smiled and swung him pushing every bit of strength into my new arm as I could. As I let go of his I climbed quickly up the wall and met him at the top.
"Wow" I examined my arm.
"You are incredible." He kissed me as if we weren't sweating and sat on top of a wall.
"We are going to climb down together" I said "Do you trust me?"
I lowered myself down and gestured for newt to follow. He nodded and followed me. he froze in the middle.
"Newt...we aren't in the maze. We are ok you are OK." He didn't speak but his facial expression was grateful.
We reached the bottom and before I could speak Newt pulled me against him and stroked my hair gently "thank you"
"Don't mention it" I hugged him tighter.
"You can both have ice cream" Atticus laughed and we walked back inside.

----------------------
Hope you enjoyed my lovelies.
Thank you for reading!
I love you all so so much!
Let me know what fandoms you are in so I can't write new fics 💙
Lots of love Abbie❤❤❤