- Watches -

We got back to camp quickly and told everyone who was awake about the electricity box. Atticus ruffled my hair "good job kiddo." I slumped to the ground and grabbed a granola bar from my bag. Newt sat next to me and did the same. "You know if the world goes back to normal you should totally go into the police force. Be a detective or something. You'd be really good at it." 

"Yeah, I dunno, maybe. If the world does go back to normal i think i'd like to go back to being normal. Just be a normal woman, in a normal house with friends and a family" I played with the metal ring around my finger and Newt chuckled kissing my cheek. "If that's what you want, that's what you'll have greenie. Maybe get a dog and have children-"

"If i can have children" I was always on the fence about kids, i wanted them but i didn't want them. I didn't even know whether i could have children or not the amount of stuff I've had injected into my muscles and blood stream, i'd be a scientist's dream. "Think about it Newt, everything that's happened to me in my life...who knows" Newt's face dropped when i said that. Newt seemed like the family guy. Luckily Atticus spoke up before i could say anything else or notice anymore sadness in his face. "Ok so thanks to my brilliant sister, we can take out that electric box and hopefully make the cameras go down and maybe more for a few minutes to get in. Now i say we do it asap-"

"Woah." James interrupted "No this job is to scout, not interfere with anything understand Atticus?"

"But-"

"No! We go back to HQ tomorrow and report our findings. the likelihood of you being asked to carry out any further missions is very, very likely so i would not worry about it Atticus." James clenched his fists and stared at my brother like he was going to hit him."Fine" Atticus folded his arms and sulked.

"Newt, Minho...take a watch. everyone else get some sleep, Me and Atticus will do a patrol."

I didn't want to sleep, and i especially didn't want to leave Minho and Newt alone together. Back in the maze i wouldn't of minded but things have changed in 6 years, a lot of things had changed. My eyes were heavy and eventually i did sleep.

NEWT'S POV

Y/N fell asleep surprisingly quickly, her head was in my lap and a little bit of her skin was showing from where her shirt had folded up on her back, i traced 'i love you' on her back, she smiled subtly and moaned before her breathing regulated and she was asleep. She was beautiful, even now. I still found her as mesmerizing as i did the very first day i saw her walking out of the woods in a daze. She was so much stronger now, i didn't know how she managed it.

Minho was next to me, his eyes fixed on her. The same look in his eyes i had every time i looked at her. "Newt, you're a lucky guy you know that right?!" 

"Yeah i know-"

"No, you don't. You dont know. She is perfect! If she isn't everything to you, if you arent willing to give up everything for her then you dont deserve her man!"

I couldnt believe what was coming out of his mouth, i knew he loved her but not like that. I was willing to die for her, i wasn't jealous when Minho said it, i always knew that she'd pick me over him and i never had any idea just how much it hurt him to know that. 

"I know Minho. You know if i didn't exist she'd be with you right?"

"I don't need your pity Newt. She always picked you and she always will, you do exist so theres no what if's. I will get over her eventually lets just leave it now OK? Im sick of arguing with you and greenie. She's in my life in some way and that's all i want even if it's not the way i would like. Lets leave it OK? We good shuckface?"

I didn't need to say anything else. "We're good Slinthead" Minho slapped the back of my head and laughed. She shifted in my lap and hugged my arm, i couldnt help but smile."Hey! We're supposed to be watching the camp...not greenie" Minho said.

I knew though that if he was me he'd be doing exactly the same.

--------------------------------------------------------

im so so sorry it's been a while! 

hopefully this makes up for a little bro on bro with newt and minho haha. <3

i love you guys so much! <3

Love abbie <3

Let me know what you want me to write nexrt once this book is over <3