- Scouting -

We reached the site within half an hour, I knew this because of the brand new digital watches we were given. The site was insane, i had an odd sense of deja vu, it look exactly the same as the HQ where we saved Newt and killed Ratman only newer, it couldn't have been more than a few months old. The trucks drove off and we were left behind a wall of trees. As we walked the snow crunch beneath our boots and I'd decided that it was my new favourite sound.
"Alright, the whole compound is surrounded by woods we can scout around without being seen if we are quiet. We will stay together this time and then make camp then split in groups and take a closer look at night fall understood?" James my guard smiled, he knew his stuff. We all nodded and started to walk slowly around the tree line keeping back but not too far as though we couldn't see the building. There were no windows only at the very top, no doors anywhere except at the front, I hadn't been able to get a good look at security at the front yet, I'd do that when we were in smaller groups. The building was unnaturally white, it made me sick thinking about the cells that were inevitably in there. A shudder sparked down my spine and Newt put his hand on my shoulder. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah just deja vu" I replied
"tell me about it"

The walk around the compound took us an hour, it was that big! James and Atticus set up camp using heaters instead of a fire that would attract far too much attention. Food was passed out, it wasn't as nice as the food back home but hey it was only for one night.
"Newt and Y/N you are first. When the sun goes down you will walk around and look for details another group will follow you shortly after and so on ok?" James said.
Me and newt nodded.

The day was boring, we sat and waited. Then ate then sat and waited again. I had a nap too. The sun finally went down though and me and Newt started to retrace our steps around the perimeter. We got to the front entrance and I stopped. My eyes glazed over the cameras and screens above the double doors that had no handles. There was a fence outside it, I could hear the buzzing of the electricity.
"No way are we getting in there without being seen" Newt whispered.
"Not unless their electricity goes down" I stiffened and smiled. "They have to have a box here or something somewhere. Come on"
I dragged Newt around the the track some more and found it. A twenty foot high green metal box surrounded by electric wire. "Hmm well that rules that out"
"No Newt, look.." I pointed to the walls "no cameras. We could easily make a hole in this fence without them knowing. Let's go back and tell them"

Idiots i thought as we raced back to the camp.
--------------------
Hope you e joyed :D
Love you guys
Love Abbie ❤️