Chapter Nine [An Anomaly]

Start from the beginning

Oh! Look at the time, not that it really exists where I live. But I think I've been rambling for quite some time. A good week should've passed, or perhaps more... Perhaps Adam is doing better.

I really should pay attention, what if I missed an important detail of history. That would be a tragedy as the keeper of this world's history. Really now, one of you listeners should've stopped me, I almost got carried away.

Ah, there Adam is. Covered in burns, scratches, and well a lot of bruises.

Adam stood waiting as Seto inspected his potion handiwork. After over 3 weeks of work Adam had perfected all forms of potion down to memory, except a potion of healing. And here Seto would determine if he finally mastered it, and if so. Seto would let him use it, because oh dear Notch he was ready to double over in pain. That staff of Seto's deals one hell of a bruise.

"Hmm," Seto was swirling the contents of the bottle around, the colors changed from pink to red, to purple and then back to red. Seto stopped and then said, "No. Try again."

And the potion was tossed away like the failed trash it was.

Adam didn't not groan however, "Yes sir," was all that he said. Because if he said anything else, Seto would probably hit him again.

And so Adam set about to redo his efforts.

7 nether warts finely crushed to really allow their juices (and their rotting smell) to come into full effect.

One glistening melon, all the seeds still within.

3 grams of glowstone dust, ground to a soft powder that if inhaled would probably kill Adam.

All these ingredients thrown in at the right moment in time to allow the perfect potion of healing to exist.

Adam felt a bead of sweat form and drip down the side of his face. The fire under the cauldron made the heat in this area hard to breathe in. As he threw in the ingredients he waited for the color changing to pass before scooping it's liquid into bottles and placing them in the brewing stand. Here they would finish and with time they would hopefully be just right.

"Whew!"

"Now that you've done with that--"

"I already finished all the pages and chapters you requested from the books. Do you have any more I can read?"

Seto looked at Adam for a moment with a look of suspicion, before saying, "Fine. Just put anything you grab back. This is the only break you're getting."

"Thank you!" Seto nodded and left the main room to go down the hall. Adam hummed a happy tune as he looked at the books on Seto's shelves. Adam found a grey book about the mobs of this world. He thought that why not, sounds useful.

He grabbed that book and was about to head back to his own room.

A powerful wind blew through the room. Papers flew and scattered and the sound of the large book on Seto's desk opening could be heard. Adam panicked at the mess and thought, oh Notch. Seto is going to kill me!

Adam peered into the hallway and saw no sign of Seto. He hurriedly began to pick the papers up and prayed Seto wouldn't notice a thing.

Adam breathed a sigh of relief, and returned the papers to his desk. He noticed the large book open to the page with that image of those people and that poor child in the center.

He felt an odd pull to that image. Like it held something about him.

Adam's fingers grazed the page the image was on, and the world changed.

Two kingdoms locked in war, the peace shattered. A family broken and separated before one kingdom crumbled and vanished. Quite literally. And there was a man, brown scruffy beard, blue shirt the color of the sky taking pen to paper. His words formed on the pages, the very words Adam touched now, everything that happened was being written. Adam knew this man. He was sure of it. Stories of him. The first--

"Adam! What is this!" Adam was knocked out of whatever trance he was in. Seto caught a glimpse of something odd, he was suspicious.

"Adam," he said sternly. Adam was on the ground staring into space, he hadn't blinked. His brain couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"I think..." Adam mumbled then shook his head. It was nothing, just another one of those weird things again, wasn't the first, probably not the last, and had no importance so whatever, "nevermind, sorry. I was going to close the book, it just blew open honestly."

"Blew open? We're at the bottom of a fucking ravine; we don't get wind that strong down here."

"I don't know?" Adam shrugged, "It just happened while I was picking this book--"

"You know what, it doesn't matter. Just...Just shoo. Go read your book, I will clean up," Seto sighed and rubbed his temple. Seto let his staff slam on the ground several times. The papers that Adam had quickly grabbed were reorganized, the book was closed. Seto began to clean up and Adam quickly rushed off.

Ah, peace and quiet finally for Adam.

But for Seto, it was not peaceful, or quiet. It's never been peaceful for Seto, and it was only quiet when it was just him and his studies.

And Adam, that kid was strange. Very strange, he wasn't sure what to think of him. A kid picked up on an accident, forced into his care and had strange tendencies. He was honestly annoying and wished he would drop dead so he could have his quiet again, but something was off about him.

Something was off in general. Like the kid itself was an anomaly he could not figure out.

But anomalies are things that don't fit into the pattern, so what pattern did the kid disrupt? He wasn't sure, but he was sure that something wasn't right. That the kid shouldn't be here, not in what is to come, whatever is to come. 

~~~~~

Theories?

I hope you all enjoyed! 

I also made that GAME OVER extras book, it has only one thing in it, I'm just lazy whoops.