Chapter 20

Waking up after passing out is crazy. I feel disorientated and my head feels like it will roll off my shoulders.

"Hey, Gale." Madge whispers, brushing back some hair from my forehead, kissing it gently.

"Hey, Strawberries." I manage weakly.

"How you feeling there?" Madge asks, whispering.

"I'm okay." I say.

"Good thing to hear." Madge shoots me a small smile which I return.

"Where is she? Where did she go? Madge where is Tasmin?" I ask, panicked. I quickly look round to find her.

"It's okay Gale, shush. She is with my parents. It's okay." Madge brushes away one of her tears as I exhale a breath.

"Oh." Is all I say.

Madge leans down and I wrap my arms round her shaking body. She gently leans her head on my chest and cuddles in close.

"What is going on Gale?" She whispers.

"I don't know, Princess. I don't know." I say because I truly don't.

We sit in silence for a little while until the ringing of a phone breaks it.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

"I'll get it." Madge says and silently tiptoes to answer.

"Hello?" Madge asks into the phone.

Madge's face falls and she walks over to me.

"It's for you." She says and hands it over.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Is this Gale Hawthrone?" A very feminine voice asks. I remember that voice. President Paylor.

"Yes, it is. How may I help you?" I ask again.

"Gale, hi, it's President Paylor." She says brightly.

"Hi, President." I reply weakly, trying to feign happiness.

"Is everything okay where you are? I've been told you have just been bombed? Is everything okay, are Madge, Tasmin and you safe?" She asks hurriedly.

"We are thank you. Why did those bombs even go off?" 

"Colleen Snow." Is all she says.

"I don't know who that is?" I reply, completely confused.

"President Snow's granddaughter." Her voice is sombre.

"Oh?" It comes out more as a question.

"Yes, oh indeed. The problem is here, that she wants a fight. Colleen wants to rule Panem. She is beginning to fight us and she has two whole Districts behind her, District 1 and 2. There has already been bomb problems in 10, 7 and 11. District 12 is yet unharmed but I fear for the safety of Peeta and Katniss. Johanna Mason of District 7 has been taken to the Capitol for protection. In protection, we also have Effie, Haymitch and their son Finn, Beetee and we would like to offer Madge, Tasmin and you our protection too. This is not an idea we take lightly. But we are scared. Districts are going to be hurts and we do not want that." Paylor tells me.

"So what is it that you are saying?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"It's another rebellion."

THE END.