Chapter 14

Madge's POV

I wake up a few hours after I thrown up my stomach.

It didn't feel right.

It was a normal sickness.

I have a feeling.

I look over at Gale, who's arm is wrapped around me protectively. His face is full of worry but sleep took over.

I smile.

How do I deserve someone like him?

I move slowly out of Gale's arms and walk straight to our drawers. I grab some sweats from my drawer and a shirt from Gale's. I throw them on and grab my purse.

I check on the sleeping Gale, one last time. I kiss his forehead, between the eyes, and close the bedroom door behind me.

"I love you." I whisper.

I run straight to the pharmacy.

"Hello Madge. How can I help you?" A woman named, Rachel asks from behind the counter.

"I need a pregnancy test please." I say.

Her eyebrows raise but she doesn't say anything. She travels to the back and pulls out a bag.

"That's £9 please." She says.

I hand her the money. "Keep the change."

I run back home again and go straight to the downstairs toilets. I slam the door a little too hard.

"Madge?" A frantic scream calls.

Heavy footsteps are heard and the door shakes with the banging.

"I'm here!" I say and lean against the door.

"Open up, Madge." Gale is almost begging.

"No Gale. I'll be out in a minute." I whisper.

"Madge open this door!" His voice is full of worry and I can hear his faint sobs and I let mine fall.

I unlock the door. The test is by the toilet but I need that toilet.

Vomit starts rising and I fall towards the toilet.

I begin throwing up my guts. Again.

"Madge?" Gale see the test but doesn't say anything. He runs straight to me.

He holds back my long, blonde hair. And rubs my back.

~~~

Gale rubs my mouth clean of any vomit and I shiver in his arms.

"Do it, Madge." He whispers into my ears.

"What happens if it's positive?" I whisper.

"Then I'll be the happiest man in the world." He looks me straight in the eyes, and kisses my nose.

"Really?" I ask.

"Really."

I smile and Gale pushes me up slowly. I walk over to the test. I read the instructions. I wee on the stick. And begin the long test.

I wait in Gale's arms while the test lies flat on the floor next to our bodies.

"Two minutes is up." He whispers.

I look Gale straight in the eyes.

"You ready?" I ask.

"Yes. Are you?" He replies.

"Absolutely."

"Take a look." Gale says.

"You do it." I reply and bury my face into his chest whilst he gulps then reaches past me to grab the test.

He says nothing.

Gale face lightens so quickly and he pulls me into his arms.

"Madge. You're pregnant." He says.

I start to sob.

"You don't want it?" Gale's voice is laced with concern.

"Never wanted anything more." I reply and kiss Gale with such force, I feel like I could explode.

(Vote and comment your thoughts)