Chapter 5

"Thank you. Here are the keys." Robert says.

I look at the keys. It's our house with my angel. We moved into the house that night, we had furniture from Madge's step parents and we bought a few bits too.

"Right, when did your step parents want us?" I ask Madge while putting some vegetables in a drawer.

"I don't know, but put your shoes on and we'll go now." Madge shouts from inside a storage room.

I grab my shoes from the rack and slip them on, Madge does the same. I lock up and we walk hand in hand to Zen and Delia's.

"Hey, Delia, we're back!" Madge shouts from the hallway.

"Hey guys, liking the new house? Hmm? We're in the kitchen!" A voice calls out.

We walk to the kitchen and I pull out two chairs.

"You need any help Mrs. Tiddly?" I offer.

"No thank you, dear. Could you call Zen from the living room please?"

I walk along to the living room.

"Er, Mr Tiddly, dinner is ready." I say.

"Thank you son." Zen replies and moves from the sofa and follows me back to the kitchen.

Madge smiles at me reassuringly when we sit together at the dining table. We all tuck into the beautiful lamb stew.

"How's your new house, loves?" Delia asks.

"Oh, mum, it's perfect! It's beautiful!" Madge is giddy with delight.

I chuckle to myself as Madge goes through the house with her step-parents.

"It sounds beautiful! You must have done a pretty good job, Gale, making it up. It looked so boring when we dropped off those pieces!" Delia sounds just as happy as Madge.

"Well, if it's what my girl wants, that's what she gets." I announce and kiss Madge's forehead quickly and lightly, leaving Madge to blush.

"Right, pudding?" Zen asks while getting up from the table and making his way over to the fridge. "What've we got Delia?"

"Let me do the pudding, Zen. You'll probably poison the poor couple!" Delia says rolling her eyes, at us before getting up.

Madge and I laugh, leaving Zen looking confused in the background.

In only two minutes a bowl of steaming cake and pink custard is put down in front of us.

"Thank you, Mrs Tiddly, the stew was delicious and this looks the same!" I smile at her gratefully.

"Now now, Gale. Don't call me Mrs. Tiddly, please call me Delia."

"Okay."

We all gobble in silence, Madge still clinging to my hand under the table.

"Mum, Gale and I are going to get going, it's been a long day and we both need some rest." Madge says after we've finished the pudding and our glasses of bubbly water.

"Sure thing, Sweetheart. Sleep tight!" Delia calls with bubbles up to her arms from washing up.

"Thanks, Delia. The meal was lovely, we'll call again tomorrow." I say as Madge and I walk down the hallway, our feet making a quiet thudding noise again the carpet.

We open the door to the pitch black that is 9:00pm.

"Come on." I tell Madge as I bend down.

She runs back slightly and then runs forward. She leaps and I catch her on my back, Madge's arm wrap tightly around my neck.

We piggyback all the way home.

(vote, comment and recommend)