The bell was dinged upfront so Don patted her shoulders gently and left out the doors as she took a seat and started to carefully wrap each three utensils in white napkins. Adonte came up behind the counter slowly as Isla stood there. He cleared his throat, almost feeling the same nervousness he did when she came that first time. "Hey, how can I help you?"

He asked professionally. She understood and held her umbrella tightly as she raised a finger slightly. "Um pickup. Tate." Don simply nodded as he trailed into the back again, found her orders and placed them in bags. He clutched two of the freshly wrapped, plastic silverware and tossed it in the bag.

He returned to the front counter quickly and sat the bags on top. He glanced down at the ordering sheet and faced her again. "Uh, it wasn't paid for yet." She groaned and reached into her purse, fishing for her wallet. "Really mom." She mumbled.

Adonte stood there with his hands in his pockets as she kept digging. She finally found it so he announced the price and she gave him $25 -reminding him of that stupid bet as he took it slowly. He stationed it in the cash register and thanked her. She tilted her head to the side as a sad expression begin to form over her face.

"C'mere." Issy said softly and Adonte made his way around the counter, up to her. She reached up around his neck and hugged him tightly as he returned the gesture but around her waist, bending to her level. "I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard." He simply nodded, squeezing her tighter and tried not to think about it too much to withhold tears.

It was hard not to think about it however when everyone is apologizing on their behalf or is something that reminds him of Leroy or just simply seeing the story on the news. Adonte took a deep, easing breath and leaned his forehead against her shoulder. "Thanks Is."

They pulled apart slowly and he stood up straight, side smiling. "Um I passed my French test Wednesday. Thanks to you." She gasped and smiled wide, putting her hands together.

"Oh my gosh Don, I'm so proud of you. No, you did that all by yourself. You just needed a little motivation." She smiled up at him as she had his hands in hers now. She bit down on her lip as an idea came to mind. "How about you come over tonight for dinner? To celebrate."

"Um. ." He trailed off, looking back. He thought about his grandmother and leaving her home alone the night before Leroy's funeral probably wouldn't be too smart.

Then again, it's just for dinner not a sleepover so he'd get back in time-he'd just have to tell her where he'll be at so she won't worry. He turned back to Isla. "Yeah sure. My shift don't end until eight thirty so what time?"

"Okay well nine will be fine. I'll come back by to pick you up so you won't have to walk." Adonte nodded in agreement and they had their plans set. She left with her food and he resumed his working.

- · -

The front door was opened before Isla had a chance to dig for her key. Michelle stood in the doorway and smiled. "Oh hey Adonte. How are you?" Adonte cleared his throat as his eyes skimmed over her body that was clothed with a fitting black dress.

The cleavage v-cut came low as she had her hair bouncy with curls. She tilted her head to the side with the same smile as Isla turned to Adonte, nudging him a bit. He snapped out of it and looked back in her eyes, replying. "Oh hi. .Mrs.Tate."