Flashback Chapter

*Flashback Chapter*

 “Dad, I can’t believe I’m meeting them today” Luke told his dad

He was finally going to meet his new mother, and even her six year old daughter, “Katherine”.  Ever since his mom died, he felt really lonely. Luke was only three years old when she died because of lung cancer; four years had passed and his dad had asked him if he wanted a mother. Luke had told him only if she lets him play with his action figures after eight o’ clock. Luke’s dad promised she would and that’s what made him fine with it.

“Be nice to her; son. Lauren likes you a lot”

Lauren was Luke’s soon-to-be step-mothers name.

“Okay dad” he smiled at his dad and clutched his hand tightly. Excitement was running through his veins. Luke was finally going to get the love and care of a mother which he had missed for four years. Lauren was going to meet them at his house for lunch.

All of a sudden, two figures came out of a car that had parked in Luke’s dads (Martin) driveway.

Luke was able to make out their faces as they came near. The older and taller one was Lauren, a very beautiful lady. She had a cheerful smile plastered on her face.

The smaller girl, who had clutched her hand tightly looked a bit scared. She had large brown eyes. They reminded Luke of melting chocolate. She also had fair skin and very pink lips that she was biting nervously. Her long brown hair was falling smoothly until it reached a little further than her shoulders. She was wearing a pink dress which she looked incredibly cute in.

“That’s them, son. Go say hi to Katherine, she’s the little one in pink. And Lauren is the one holding her hand” Luke’s dad whispered in his ear, smiling.

“You’re so cute, what is your name?” Lauren smiled, reaching her hand out towards Luke.

“I won’t tell you” Luke smirked, shaking her hand.

“Oh! Well it looks like we have to find your little secret out, right Katherine?” Lauren replied, laughing brightly.

Luke liked his soon-to-be step-mother instantly. Even Katherine began feeling more comfortable, she let go of her mother’s hand and started giggling.

“I’ve heard about you Luke” Katherine chirped brightly.

Luke frowned, it seemed as if they had already know his name.

“Luke why don’t you go with Katherine? Get to know her better” Luke’s dad told him nicely as he held Laurens hand and looked at her affectionately.

Luke nodded his head and motioned Katherine to come with him. She silently agreed and smiled. They sat by the pool in the back of Luke’s house.

“Why’d you bring me here?” Katherine asked

“Because I’m going to throw you into the pool!”  Luke smirked

Her eyes widened and she looked terribly frightened.

“Please d-don’t. I l-like this dress and I feel c-cold already.” She pleaded.

Luke started laughing hysterically. He was surprised at this girl’s innocence. He decided to keep his whole mean boy act going.

“I don’t know Katherine; I mean I think it will be really fun... Did you know this pool is eight feet deep?” Luke sneered.

“E-eight?”  Katherine asked, even more scared now.

“Eight.” He confirmed, smirking.

Luke began stretching his arms towards Katherine, making her think that he was going to throw her into the pool anytime now.

“Mommy said to be nice…mommy said to be nice…” Katherine kept on slowly muttering to herself as she closed her eyes and prepared herself for the dunk.

It came as a shock to her when he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her, bringing her closer.  He broke loose after a few minutes and smiled at her.

“You d-didn’t throw me into the pool…” Katherine said slowly.

“I’d never do that to you” he replied, smiling this time

“Why?” She asked

“Because I like you” he replied back to her.

“Really?”  She asked and covered her mouth with both her hands

“Sshhh, it’s our secret okay?” He whispered to her

She nodded her head and smiled. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm sorry to you guys if you were expecting a real chapter, but many of my fans were requesting a flashback chapter showing how they became related so...

Comment.

Vote.

Fan. <3 

~cookiedough3 xx