6: Closure

6.

Dad stopped in front of the enormous house. It brought so many memories; the automatic gate opened allowing us to enter.

"Dad, I'm scared" I whispered

He looked at me and smiled

"Can I tell you a secret?" he said

"Okay..."

"I'm scared too" he laughed

He parked the car and we both got down, I had tried my best to look decent for my mom, but I knew it wasn't enough, it never was.

"Is the new boyfriend in here?" I asked

"I don't know honey" dad said

"Is Em coming?" I asked again

"Yes, she called earlier, she is in there" he answered pointing to the house

"Great" my insides were a mess

"I'm freaking out" I sent a message to Kendall

"You'll be fine" she answered

"I just really wish you were here" I replied

She didn't answer; maybe she was busy in some photo shoot.

The main door opened and Felicia smiled at us

"Mister De Rosa, Miss Valentina" she greeted us

"Hello Feli" I hugged her

"You are very grown" she said with her thick accent "and pretty, always pretty"

"Hello Felicia" dad said smiling

"Welcome mister" she said again "Miss Stein is in the living room" she walked past us and guided our way to the living room. Everything was different, the walls were now white and lifeless, gold details and a chandelier. Felicia had a French maid costume and it was awful, she used to move around the house in jeans dad thought it was better but mom always differed.

There she was, seating in a red velvet couch with a gray tailor dress and nude stilettos, her brown hair floating on her shoulders and dancing their way to her back, she looked stiff but she had a emotionless smile plastered on her face.

"My darling" she said opening her arms widely

I walked to her and she hugged me

"Hi mom" I said keeping my arms hanging on my sides

She separated her body from mine

"You look so pretty" she said looking at me "you chopped your hair, you look like a boy, I have a lot of remedies for it to grow, and I'll send them to you later"

I pursed my lips

"Thanks" I said sarcastically

"So" she clapped looking at my dad "How are you Esteban?"

"Good" he answered "you?"

"Good" she simply said "We should go to the back, everyone is there"

Everyone?

I looked at my dad questioningly, he shrugged.

We followed her to find like a hundred people party, I know I tried to look decent but this was fancy as fuck, mom excused herself to change.

"She always does this" he said

I looked at him

"She threw a huge party when Emi got engaged, even though Carlos asked to please not make it so big; he didn't have the money"