3: I want us to be eternal

I don't recall being happy the last years I lived in my country, my dad was the best person in the world; he was so nice with everyone. Our entire family adored him, everyone except mom.

She was a broken person, she was this beautiful woman with blonde hair, her mother, my grandma, was as beautiful as her. She moved there during rough times in her country and married my granddad. He was the sweetest, but he died young and left grandma with two girls who made sure to marry a wealthy man. And that man was my dad.

Aunt Carla married a banker, he was this really old man who loved her very much but not for very long. Even though he cheated on her with half of the young girls in town, my grandma made sure she never divorced because that would be a shame for the family.

I missed my dad; I haven't spoken to him in almost 3 years. That felt like the right thing to do, he was on my mom's side when she decided to kick me out of the house. I was miserable, I came to Los Angeles with nothing more than a bag and a diploma that didn't matter in here, four years in college and all I could get as a job was bartending at a bar.

Em sent money once in a while, which is ironic because most of us, the immigrants came to work and help our family back there but they had money and I didn't, this wasn't the American dream I had planned. After 6 months of working I could afford paying for validation of everything and I could work as I designer as I had dreamed.

Meeting Kendall was this kind of miracle, she was a light in the most horrible darkness, and I just finally felt like I belonged somewhere. Her family was shocked to know Kendall was into girls, the suspected it, but it was shocking to know Kenny was dating a girl, not any girl but me.

But that's a story for other time.

I couldn't sleep at all, Em's call kept me thinking of seeing my whole family after four years out, my legal status was fixed by Kris and I finally I was able to live as a resident at least.

That was the thing, I was legal, I could travel and I hated that, even thought it was way better than fearing migration.

"Hi honey, just letting you knows I'm going to be filming with the family today, come to have lunch with us at moms"

I missed her call. I was so deep into this situation that I didn't hear my phone.

I called her right away.

"it's Val!" someone shouted

There was a lot of noise before I could hear her voice.

"Hi Val" she said cheerfully

"Hi Kenny" I answered "look I have a meeting with Stefano and the I'm heading to your mom's house"

"sure babe, we'll be done by noon, I guess, but you can stay behind the cameras while we finish and then we can get dinner at my house"