Chapter 14: Recovering

Oh my glob I never thought this story would reach 1000 views! I'm so happy! To celebrate, two chapters will be published today! Oh and you guys better like this chapter, I had to listen to my friend's constant talk of Grey's Anatomy for research purposes (I don't like that show, I don't understand it. If what I say is offensive in anyway to people who watch it, I deeply apologize) Yay! Okay now on to the story! (Side note: I meant to publish this a week ago but my friend never got back to me on the research so I had to improvise as well as I was having serious Wattpad issues)

Stan POV

"Stanley! You need your sleep!" Stanford yells at him as I lay my head on my hands in stress, ignoring him. "It's been hours Ford and he still hasn't woken up!" I look over to Dipper's still form, his body looking weak and frail with all the bandages and IV needle sticking out of him.
"Look Stanley, I know you're worried about Dipper, I am too, but I've checked the records and calculations, he should gain consciousness some time soon." He rests a comforting six fingered hand on my shoulder and I look up and give him a small smile. His face remains stoic, but I can see the relief in his eyes. "Thanks Ford. I can always count on you." He smiles back and gives a nod. "Now please go and rest, you need it in case we gather any information on Bill's where-abouts." I give him a small nod of understanding and I slowly rise and walk to the door. Taking one last glance back at Dipper, I leave to our shared office.

Fords POV

"Finally, he's gone." I look down at Dipper's injured and unconscious body, shaking my head. "I hate lying to Stanley, but there's no other way." I rush to the wall and hit the built in intercom. "Wendy! I need you to get Doctor Toby Determined here this instant!" Wendy, who has grown to work as my secretary, answers back. "Sending him up now. I still can't believe that guy got a doctor's degree and finally did something productive with his life." She let's out a slight giggle over the scratchy static. "Wendy, now is not the time for jokes. Also get Pacifica and Mabel's friends on the phone. Tell them to come immediately." "Yes sir." Wendy says in a more serious voice and I release my finger from the intercom, quickly running to Dipper's bed side and transferring the tubes, switching them out with the transportable ones. I hear Toby enter the room and I turn to see him looking at me for instructions. "Toby! Grab the other side of the bed. We're taking Dipper to our operation room." Toby nods and grabs the bed and we quickly roll it into the large silver doors. "Prepare for surgery."

"Mr. Pines!" I turn to see Pacifica and Mabel's friends, Candy and Grenda, at the door, confused and panicking. "Pacifica, I'm going to need you in here with Toby and I. Candy, Grenda, please wait in the room over." Though curious, they nod and exit the room while Pacifica looks behind me. "Dipper!" She shouts and rushes to his side, tears streaming down her face. "What happened?" "I'll explain later but for now, please stay by his side while Dr. Toby and I gather all the needed tools." She nods and turns back to Dipper's pale body, holding his hand. "I promise not to leave his side." I give a small and sodden smile, then put on a determined face and begin to prepare. "Hang in there Dipper."

(Timeskip to after surgery)

I wipe the sweat from my forehead and take off my yellow gloves, laying them down. "We've done everything we can. If the proceeder went as planned, then he should wake up in the next few days." I'll have to think of an excuse to tell Stanley about his condition. I look back and smile as I see Pacifica's head laying on Dipper's chest with her hand still in his. "I suppose I'll hold off on explaining everything to Mabel's friends and let them rest for the moment." I yawn and look into the nearby mirror hanging on the wall, seeing the bags underneath my eyes. "And I should as well." I sigh and head out of the room, down the hall, hoping that everything will be alright.

Third Person POV

"Finally, the time is comin'." The large figure says eagerly to himself as he fiddled with his chubby fingers, impatiently awaiting for night to arrive. "Ghost eyes! Are the preparations ready for tonight?" "Yes. Everything is set." "Good." He turns in his big chair to reveal a large tuft of silly white hair as he narrows his eyes and a wide grin sets out on his pale face. "See you soon Bill. See ya real soon."

I know it's short, I'm sorry, I'm not very good at hospital scenes. 😅 Once again I am SO sorry guys for such a late publish.