Chapter 13: Now You Know

Ok this lucky chapter 13 is a little short because it's building up so I hope you like it.

Mabel POV

I struggle thoroughly, riving in pain as I attempt to escape his hard hand, stained with the blood of many. "Dipper!" I shout to my brother as we attempt to reach to each other, only to be smushed together into the monster's large grip. "Kids!" I look down and see our uncles, together in a triangular cage, as they reach their arms out to us. "Now which one of you should I kill first?" My gaze brings me back to the large yellow eye in front of me, its black slit of a pupil a daunting reminder of the fear inside. The slit soon disappears as a pine tree falls into place, soon replaced by a shooting star, and they continue to change as he speaks in his cackling voice. "Eeny Meany You!" He charges his finger into a gun as a ray of light appears on the end, his eye landing on one symbol: the shooting star.

"Huh!" I gasp loudly as I sit up from a bed, sweating and panting heavily. My eyes frantically search the room as I see a figure in the shadowy corner, it's head down and muttering a low grumbling. "W-who's there?" I ask, my voice stuttering, as Bill emerges from the darkness, a guilty expression plastered on his face. My eyes widen as he begins to approach me and thoughts run through my mind. "N-no! S-stop! Get away from me!" I shuffle back weakly and hit the headboard of the silk bed. He continues to approach forward. "Listen Mabel, I-" "No! I don't want to hear anymore of your lies! You're a demon! You've tried to kill my family and killed my brother! You kidnapped me and you won't leave my family alone!" I feel the tears stand in my eyes as he looks at me, slightly shocked at my sudden outburst. His face turns into a serious frown as he arrives at the side of the bed and I ready myself for the painful impact to come...only to feel two warm arms embrace me. I open my eyes wide in shock as he furrows his head into the crook of my neck, small tears falling into my skin and his arms holding me tightly. I continue to sit in silence and allow him to release his emotions. Soon enough, he pulls away, the tears gone, and rests his hands on my shoulders. His eye looks into mine as I fall deep into it's gaze, regret pooling the inside. Before I can say anything, he lays a soft and small kiss on my forehead, before quickly releasing me and walking to the door. "I'll ready a dress for you for the ball this evening. Remember, you are to stay by my side at all times and you cannot escape." Quietly, he shuffles out and closes the door, leaving me speechless as I gaze at where he stood, questions running through my mind all at once as I feel a small yet sudden flutter in my chest. I fall back onto the bed and decide to rest my eyes for the time being, hoping to calm my thoughts.

Bill POV

I close the door behind me and lean back, my gaze staring up at the ceiling. "I'm such an idiot." I mutter to myself with a slight chuckle. "These human emotions are such a pain." My chuckle deepens as I slide down the door and drop my head to my knees, grasping my hair. "At this rate I'll go even more insane." My eyes widen as I hear a silent sob from the other side of the room, anger beginning to boil as I rise to my feet and stop myself from breaking down the door in frustration. "Who am I kidding? She'll never forgive me." I walk gloomily down the hall until I steal one last glance at the door and give a small smile. "At least I can try..."

I realize this was short but it had some needed MaBill fluff or at least a little. Remember this was a build up chapter that's preparing for something to come. Hope you liked it! ~ Bunny-chan