Chapter 21: Escape

My eyes widened at the view in front of me.

"This is... a War Outbreak." Kleitos spoke out loud.
"Let's go." He held me by the wrist and pulled me away from the scene.
We continued to run, but someone stopped us.

"So the famous daughter of Proteus is trying to run away?" Livius spoke as he stood in our way.
I was speechless. Kleitos stepped in front of me, shielding me from Livius.
"I see. You should know that you alone stand no chance against me." Livius smirked.

"Who said he was alone?" A familiar voice spoke from behind Livius.
"Agnes!" I called out his name.
"Sorry for being a little late... but there was a little obstacle in our way." Agnes smiled. His smile was quite fearful.

Carolus appeared right after Agnes. He did not say a single word as usual.
"Carolus, take her away. Agnes and me will hold Livius back." Kleitos spoke to Carolus.
"What?... wait!" I began to worry.

"I won't let that happen." Livius began to move towards me, but Agnes stopped him.
"Don't forget that I'm also here." Agnes spoke to Livius.
Carolus suddenly appeared next to me and forcefully took me away.

I was standing on an open field with Carolus.
"What just happened?" I asked him.
"We teleported." He answered.
"What?! No... we have to go back!" I spoke as I began to walk away.
"Wrong way." Carolus spoke and I felt a little embarrassed.
"Even if you go back, you would only get in the way."

He's right... I can't do anything... I'm completely useless.

"My orders were to get you home safely. I can only teleport a certain distance every 20 minutes. We must walk for now." Carolus explained as he walked away and I followed him.
"How is it possible that you can teleport?" I asked.
"There's a legend about 4 warriors that protected the king. They reincarnate every 100 years, but they all have a special gift. Healing, destruction, clairvoyance, and teleportation." He spoke

Teleportation... is he one of the warriors? Then is Agnes and Kleitos...

"I am the worrier with the gift of teleportation. Agnes has healing, and Kleitos has Clairvoyance."

No wonder Kleitos was able to tell where the gun powder was coming from.

"What about the fourth warrior?" I asked.
"We don't know. We were never able to find him. We also don't have a single clue of his location."
"Oh...." I lowered my head.

"How did the warriors came to be?" I asked him.
"It was said that the god that created this planet loved this worlds so much that he sent his own son to rule over it and guide it through the right path. However the people became selfish and wanted to take the throne of the king. Thus the god of this world made 4 knights to protect the king. These knights came to be know as the legendary 4 warriors." Carolus continued.
"The god that created this planet is also the same God that created earth?" I asked.
"I don't think so. It may have been a different god."
"So there are other gods?"
"I believe so." He answered.

So he is a legendary knight...

"And do you remember anything from your past life?"
"No."
"Is the king also reincarnated?"
"Well the crown has been passed down from generation to generation, but I think it could be possible."
"Do you think..."
"You seem to ask many questions." Carolus interrupted me.
"It's because you're like Google! You seem to know everything!"
"Who's Google?" He asked.
"Maybe not everything." I laughed at the confused face he had.

My laughing tuned into sobbing and began I to shred tears.
"Did I do something wrong?" Carolus asked.
"No. it's just that... I feel guilty. Everyone's fighting out there, and I'm here laughing. I just... wished I could do something to help."

Carolus stood next to me. He didn't say anything, but his silence oddly comforted me.

We continued our way towards the ship as we constantly walked and teleported. It seemed like a long walk even though it wasn't really all that far. We had to constantly change location and move back and forth due to the war.

We finally reached our destination. The ship was right ahead of us. This ship was a lot smaller than the first one, but functioned the same way.
I convinced Carolus into waiting for everyone else, but we were running out of time.

"Princess Esther, I insist. You must leave now." Carolus spoke to me formally after asking me to leave so many times.
"Carolus... I can't just leave like this!" I kept trying to convince him into waiting a little longer.

Proteus said he would be right behind... I hope they're all doing fine...

I held my hands together, squeezing one another, as I walked back and forth.

"Esther!"
I turn to the sound of my name.
"Agnes! Kleitos!" I yelled their names in relief. They were running towards me.
I saw another figure behind them.
"Proteus!"
He was also running towards me.

I'm glad they're all fine

"Sorry I'm late." Proteus spoke as he finished running his last steps.
"Dad!" I yelled as tears fell down, and rushed to hug him.
His eyes widened in amusement. It was the first time I called him 'Dad'.

"I was so worried and scared that I might not be able to see you again, or call you 'Dad'. I was scared that I would loose you like Mom. I felt guilty, not only because I wasn't able to help during this crisis, but also because I did treat you they way I should've. I'm sorry..." I wanted to continue, but I couldn't even speak from crying so much.
"It okay, Esther. I'm here now." He stroked my hair as he hugged me.

I said my farewells to everyone. And got on the ship, and sat down. The ship was programmed to drive itself to earth and come back here.

As I was sitting in the ship, traveling through space, I remembered the conversation I had with Proteus before I left.

"What about the War?"
"It will take some time, and I can't guarantee anything."
"Is Livius that powerful?"
"Yes. Right now there's a 50% chance that we'll win. But I don't know much about Livius army. He may have something great that we are unaware of."
"Is there anything that we could change in our favor?"
"If we could find the last warrior, we would most definitely win."
"The legendary knight?"
"Yes...but the chances of finding him are very low."

"If I can find the last knight..." I thought out loud.
"But how can I find him?

________________________________

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the story! Please let me know what you guys think!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT your thoughts!!!! (^O^)/