Chapter 12: Who's Here?!

I walk towards the living room and to my surprise, Dad and some other man were there.

What's going on?

"Dad? What are you doing here?" They both stand up while I'm still walking in.
I move my eyes from Dad to the other man.
"Who is he?"

"Luna... he is..." my Dad started to give an explanation, but I interrupt.

I don't like this. I have a really bad feeling about this. I know who he is, but I'm not ready to hear it.

"Wait." I stop my Dad from continuing.
"I don't want to know."
"Luna... please, just listen to your father." Mom said.
"Why should I?" I reply.
"Because he got through the trouble to come all the way here." She continues.
"I didn't ask him to."
"Luna!" Dad yells at me.

He turns to look at the man standing next to him. The man was wearing a black outfit, not like any other clothes I've seen. His eyes were light blue like the clear sky. His blond hair contained a few silver highlights.

"How can you say that in front of your Father!" Dad spoke.
"Wait. By 'Father', you mean Him?"
"Yes, Luna." Mom continued.
"This man is your biological father."

What? Why is he here? Why did he come to look for me now?

"Your saying... that He... is my Father?!" I turn to look at him. His clear blue eyes were reflecting sadness and regret but at the same time happiness.
"Esther... I've been looking for you." He rushes to hug me, but I just feel awkward.
"Um..."

I don't know what to say in this kind of situation.

"Oh. I'm so sorry, I just couldn't help myself." He backs away.
"Why are you here?"
"Oh. Yea." He clears his throat.
"My name is Proteus. And I am from the Siberian Planet which is know as Neptune, here on earth. I've come looking for you to take you back."

Say...

"...What?!"My thought slipped out through my mouth.

"I'm aware that you were separated from your mother, and that you have recently found out about your true identity, but I must take you back."
"Why?..."
"Because I don't want you to end up like..."
"No. why now? Why didn't you come looking for my Mother when she was casted out?" I interrupted his explanation.

He stood silent for a moment.
"When your mother left, I was extremely mad with my father, Dione. I tried to talk him out into let you both back. But he continued to refuse. I then decided to give up my position as the next ruler in order to come look for your mother. On the day I was leaving, my father for extremely sick. I had to stay in order to protect the planet and also to take care of him."

Dione got sick?

"My father is a little better now, but he asked me to come look for you. He wanted to meet his granddaughter before he dies, as well as apologize to you and your mother. Our Doctor said he had at a few weeks, maybe a month."

But... she's no longer here.... and he only has about a month?

"I heard about Larissa, your mother. I'm so sorry I came too late." He lowers his head out of shame and regret.

I shouldn't blame him, after all... this is the man that she Loved so dearly.
"Love comes in different forms."
I guess Kailey and Jessica were right.

"It's okay. I know that she wouldn't blame you at all." I reply.
"Please, Esther... come back to Siberian with me." He requests.

I don't know what to say. I can't just say yes, but I also can't say no.