Chapter 20: War Outbreak

"Ah... mmnm!!!" I began to yell, but my mouth was covered by someone's hand.
I instinctively close my eyes as I was gently, but quickly, pushed onto the wall.
I see Kleitos in front of me, placing his index finger over his lips; moving his lips in a 'shh' motion. He then removed his hand from my mouth and he led to see if Livius had left.

"Why are you here? Did you get lost?" He asked me.
"I'm sorry... I was caught up on my thoughts that I lost track of you guys." I spoke as I was lowering my sight; looking down at the ground.
"It's okay. At least I found you before, 'He' did." Kleitos said.
" 'He'? You mean Livius?"
He simply nodded.
"Let's go, Agnes and Carolus are waiting for us." Kleitos began to pull me, leading the way.

"Tonight, your daughter and you won't be an obstacle anymore... Proteus."
I suddenly remembered what Livius had said.

"No!" I yelled as I pulled away from Kleitos' grasp.
"What?" He spoke as he turned around to look at me with a puzzled expression.
"We must go back."
"Why?" He asked me.
"Proteus is in danger!"
"What are you saying?"
"I overheard what Livius was saying. He said that tonight, he is going to kill Proteus and me!"
Kleitos eyes widened. He held my hand again and pulled me.
"Let's go." He said as he was pulling me.
"Don't you get it? We have to go back! Why aren't you listening to me? He's in danger!" I continued to yell at him because he was pulling me in the direction where Agnes and Carolus were at.
"I understand." He answered.
"Then why aren't we going back?" I finally freed my hand again.
"We need to get Agnes and Carolus. We can't do much with just the two of us."

He's right... I'm so stupid...

We ran, until we finally caught up with Carolus and Agnes. Kleitos told them about everything, and we came up with a plan.

"Are you ready?" Agnes asked me.
I gulped down my own saliva and then nodded.
"Okay." He smiled at me and gave me a slight pad on the shoulder for encouragement.

Kleitos walked towards us.
"Let's go." He spoke as he held out his hand to me.
I held his hand and we began to run.

God... if you're there, please keep everyone safe...

I did a small prayer and continued to run alongside Kleitos.
We ran until we reached Kleitos Bedroom.
We waited for a few minutes, until someone came in the door.

"I read you message; what's going on?" Proteus spoke as soon as he came in the door.
"Esther?... I thought you'd be gone by now..." Proteus was confused.

"You have to come with me." I suddenly spoke.
"What?" Proteus answered.
"You must come to earth with me. I accidentally overheard a conversation between a man and Livius. He is planning to kill us. We have to escape together."
Proteus thought to himself silently.
"You came back... for me?" He finally spoke.
I nodded.
"Thank you... not only did you agree to come meet Dione, but you're also willing to put yourself in danger to help me." He turned to see directly into my eyes.
"I'm afraid I can't leave."
"Why?!" I spoke with a louder tone.
"I have people that look up to me and that I must protect; people that I can't let down."
"And you also have me! You're only relative..." my eyes began to get teary.
"I'm sorry." He turned to look at Kleitos.
"Please keep her safe." Proteus spoke.
Kleitos nodded.

Proteus' nose twitches for a little bit.
"What's... that's smell?" He spoke.
"I don't recognize such a smell." Kleitos spoke after Proteus.
I try to recognize the smell.
"It's..... gun powder." I spoke as my eyes widened.
"It's what?" Proteus spoke.
"It's a material from earth. It can be used in many way, most of which are fatal." I spoke.

Why is there gunpowder here? Was this Livius plan? How did they manage to get gunpowder?.... did they... go to earth?!

"It's seems to be coming from..." Kleitos spoke and suddenly his eyes widened.
"We must get out of here now!" Kleitos said as he began to walk towards the door.
"What?" I asked.
"The smell comes from Proteus bedroom." He turned to look at me.
"They have started." He said.
Kleitos slightly opened the door and checked to see if no one was around.
We began to move.

I was right behind Proteus with Kleitos leading the way. The sound of alarms going off was ringing in my ears. I run as I gasp, trying to catch my breath.

"The exit is right ahead!" Kleitos spoke to us as we ran.
Suddenly a man appeared in front of us.

He's the man from earlier... the one Livius was talking to! This isn't good...

"I'm afraid I can't let you go." He spoke very calmly. His voice was deep and made my have goosebumps all over my body.

"Your majesty, princess... please go ahead, I will stay to deal with this." Kleitos spoke to Proteus and me.

Princess? He's never spoken to me like that... I don't like any of this.

"No one will be leaving." The man spoke.
"Go!" Kleitos yelled.
Proteus began to pull me away. The man began to move towards us, but Kleitos was as fast as him and stopped him.
The man pulled out his sword and began to swim it towards Kleitos. His movement was too fast for me to see. Kleitos wasn't strong enough to stop it.The man's sword was stopped by another sword; Proteus' sword.

"I thought I could leave him to you, but I'm afraid you're going to have to take Esther with you and leave." Proteus spoke.
"But, Your Majesty..." Kleitos was interrupted by Proteus.
"Don't worry! I'll be right behind you!"
"No! I must..."
"I said Go!" Proteus turned to look at Kleitos with a look that left me speechless. I didn't think Proteus could put such a face.
"I understand." Kleitos spoke as he pulled me with him.
I turned to look at proteus as I was being pulled.
"You must come!" I yelled before I was out of his sight.
I could clearly see a smile on Proteus' face. It was only for a split second.

When Kleitos and I went out the door, we stopped at the view.

My eyes widened at the sight.
Millions of soldiers were out there fighting with each other. The people were evacuation, and many houses were destructed.
Dead bodies and blood where everywhere, including children and women.

"War..." Kleitos spoke.
"This is... a War Outbreak." He said.

Can I really leave like this?

________________________________

Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying! I've been quite distracted and haven't been able to concentrate on what I write.

Please VOTE and COMMENT your thoughts!!! (^o^)/