Chapter 12: Raindrops

The sky was tar black in London. Large clouds filled the skies and thunder struck. Raindrops hit hard as James Bond hurried into the underground headquarters. The first person to approach him is Moneypenny.

"Where the bloody hell have you been?" Moneypenny asks him jokingly.

"Sleeping," he responds as he heads towards M's office. Moneypenny heads for the exit of the building. Everyone in the building looks tired and weary. He barges into the office. "We have a fix on Bourne's location. He was spotted entering a restricted area by a couple."

"A bloody couple? There is no way in hell Jason Bourne would make such a simple mistake."

"See for yourself." M follows him out. They approach Q in his work space. "Show him," Bond says to him. Q pulls up a map on the big screen for everyone to see.

"Okay, so last night, he was spotted entering a restricted area," Q explains.

"What is in the area?" M asks him.

"Waste, rubbish, and an abandoned factory," Q responds. Bond looks at M.

"Alright, gear up," M orders. Bond and his teams get their weapons and gear together. Meanwhile, Moneypenny heads for her car, when it suddenly explodes. The force of the explosion makes her fly a few feet back, though she sustains little injury. Two unknown, suited men pick her up and proceed to drag her back inside. Four more suited men with silenced guns and sub-machine guns hanging from their shoulders, also silenced, follow the other two inside. As MI6 agents get in their way, they get shot by the mysterious men. A lone male agent approaches them but one of the suited men punches the agent really hard in the face, knocking him out instantly. On the face of the unconscious agent, there is a SPECTRE logo embedded at the spot he was punched. They barge into the space where M, Bond, his team, and Q are located within the headquarters.

"We're looking for Mr. James Bond and Gareth Mallory," one of the men say, assuming the role of SPECTRE's representative speaker. The man looks charismatic and full of pride. Bond spots their rings.

"It's SPECTRE," Bond says. Every MI6 agent in the room grabs their gun and aims at the SPECTRE agents.

"Stand down, they have one of our own," M orders his men as he spots a disoriented Moneypenny.

"Stand down," Bond orders his team. Everyone in the room who is not an agent of SPECTRE lowers their weapons.

"Good. On to business," the SPECTRE representative says.

"What the bloody hell do you want?" M asks him.

"Well, ever since we had to sacrifice two of the NRAG's biggest men, Eric Byer and Mark Turso, we decided on a back up plan. We want everything you know about Jason Bourne, the Beta programs, and all of their missions. Everything you people know, we want to know. You are going to send a very big, very large digital file over to the SPECTRE databases." The SPECTRE representative finished voicing out his request.

"And why the bloody hell would we do that?" Bond jumps in. One of the SPECTRE walks up to the disoriented Moneypenny and aims his pistol at her head. Q and Bond look at them angrily, as if they are ready to fight. It is eerily quiet in the room as everyone just stands there waiting for something to happen.

"Do it," M tells his MI6 agents. "Give them what they want." As M says this, the SPECTRE representative smirks, while Bond's team gets to work on the file. The SPECTRE loyalists patiently wait for them to finish. The representative whistles a tune sinisterly, while at the same time locking eyes with Bond.

"How do we send it over to your databases?" Q asks the representative.

"Use this private email address," the representative says to Q as he hands him a small card. Q takes the card and proceeds to send the file. He finishes up with regret and pity in his eyes. M gives him a nod of approval, as there was nothing they could have done without putting Moneypenny in danger.

"What now?" Bond asks the representative. The man raises his hand as a signal for his men to raise their weapons. They open fire at the MI6 computers and technologies. The representative grabs Moneypenny and aims his pistol at her head, while his men proceed to open fire at MI6's resources. Bond looks on in pure rage, but the thought of losing his friend and partner, Moneypenny, keeps him put. The SPECTRE loyalists finish up and head back to the representative. Bond, M, and Q look at them.

"Thank you. Ernst Blofeld appreciates your services." The representative says as he lets go of Moneypenny. Suddenly, all of the SPECTRE loyalists proceed to commit suicide using poison pallets places in their teeth. The agents of MI6 watch in horror as they see white foam being released from the loyalists' mouths. Two MI6 agents pick up Moneypenny and take her away for treatment. Next, the dead representative's phone rings. Bond goes over to the body and answers the phone.

"James, it is good to hear from you. It's been some time," Blofeld says to Bond over the phone.

"I'm going to find you and I'm going to kill you myself," Bond responds in rage.

"Oh, we will see. We will see." Blofeld hangs up. Bond eyes are full of resentment. M gives a pity eye to Bond. Q is ashamed of himself for what he has just done to help SPECTRE. Meanwhile, back at the SPECTRE headquarters, Blofeld looks over the Jason Bourne file he has just received on his big screens. He smirks. Back at MI6, Bond walks around the headquarters, shocked and angry at the sight of the destruction. Q joins him.

"We still know where Jason Bourne has been hiding. I made sure SPECTRE wouldn't get to him before we did," Q says to him. Bond has determination in his eyes, motivated by the attack and by his reunion to Madeleine Swann. M, having overheard what Q said to Bond, walks up to him.

"Let's get to Bourne before Blofeld does, 007," M tells Bond. Bond turns around and nods to M, ready to bring Bourne into MI6.