Chapter 4: Blackstone

Bond is escorted into the MI6 underground headquarters by the agent that approached him earlier. M is seen having a private discussion with two other agents. He looks stressed, tired, and weary.

"All right, get out and do your bloody jobs," M says with frustration. It seems as if he had just heard some bad news. He eyes Bond, who eyes him. He signals Bond to come to his office. Bond walks, but not before running into Moneypenny.

"Well, I'll be damned. And here, I thought, you had retired. Back for some more fun, Mr. Bond?" She asks in a seductive tone.

"Yes, since I was asked so nicely," Bond sarcastically responds, while looking at the agent who brought him in.

"M has all of us on the loop about Jason Bourne. You were our best agent. I'm glad to see you back, 007," Moneypenny responds. Bond smiles. He then heads towards M's office. He proceeds to knock on the door.

"Come in, James," M says. Bond enters. "Welcome back to MI6, Mr. Bond. I get the impression you already know the purpose of your needed return, correct?"

"Jason Bourne is alive," Bond responds.

"He's in London for unspecified reasons. He was spotted getting off a private ferry in Dover."

"I'm sorry, may I ask why am I here? MI6 has plenty of capable agents at it's disposal," Bond asks with frustration.

"Yes, but none of them are you. You are the most capable agent the MI6 has ever seen, and we need you if we are going to bring a man like Jason Bourne in," M said calmly. Bond looked at M suspiciously.

"Why do you want to bring him in?"

"Jason Bourne knows everything about the programs that created these superhuman assassins. We suspect the orchestrators never stopped their operations," M responds. Bond realizes he's telling the truth.

"And who do you think orchestrated these operations?" Bond asks.

"The CIA," Bond does not believe it. "We believe the CIA funded these unorthodox operations," Bond turns his back, refusing to believe M. He turns back around.

"The CIA have been one of our closest allies. Felix Leiter is one of our closest allies. We've shared operations and worked together before. Bloody hell, they even denied their involvement when the operations were leaked," Bond declared.

"007, may I remind you that from the moment you entered this office, I was once again your boss? That means you shall never raise your voice to me, ever," Bond relaxes, "Yes, the CIA and the MI6 have worked closely multiple times. However, this would certainly not be the first time the CIA have conducted radical operations. In fact, the superhuman programs are one of a long list of illegal experiments done by the CIA. Now, the United States government had asked for our help on these investigations, you remember that, don't you? This is their theory. I certainly hope, for Felix's sake, that they are wrong, but we may never know unless we bring Jason Bourne in for questioning and possible assistance. Are you in?" M finishes his speech. Bond takes a moment to think.

"Yes, sir."

"Well, on the behalf of all of the MI6, we are glad to have you back, Agent 007," M responds.

"It's a pleasure."

"Before I dismiss, there is something I think you should hear from me," M tells Bond. He looks as though he's about to give bad news.

"What is it?" Bond asks with curiosity.

"Ernst Blofeld has escaped prison," Bond is shocked, "There was a shoot-out at Belmarsh involving a private military. Blofeld must have used his SPECTRE contacts to hire them." Upon hearing this, Bond suddenly has rage in his eyes. "When we looked at the SPECTRE files we recovered, we found out that he was watching Jason Bourne a few years back. He may have set his eyes on Bourne once again, which is why you must get to him first."

"But, sir, what about Blofeld? What about SPECTRE?" Bond asks as his face turns red from utter rage.

"We are working with the British Army to bring SPECTRE to the ground. We have a mole who is giving us everything we need to put Blofeld back behind bars. We're going to attack them in small, mobile units from every entry point of their rat hole. The General has coined this operation, Blackstone. Non-public and quick and effective. We can't risk anything getting out to the public regarding the operation."

"Yes, sir. But I have to be there," Bond responds.

"And you will. But, first, you have to bring in Jason Bourne. You will mobilize a small team to help you. Can you do that?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Now, I had Q arrange some tech for you." Bond nods and leaves the office. He heads towards Q's lab, but Moneypenny approaches him again.

"How did it go in there?" She asks.

"I've been assigned to bring in Jason Bourne.
"Big job, right up your alley!" Moneypenny responds.
"Right. Anyways, he said I'll need 'help,' that I need a team," Bond responds. Moneypenny gives him a look. "Would you like to join, Moneypenny?" Bond asks humorously.

"Oh, I think that would be lovely," Moneypenny responds playfully. Bond chuckles.

"Lovely. Now, if you will excuse me, I think our Quartermaster has some new toys for me," Bond tells Moneypenny. She notices M signal her into his office.

"Well, it looks like M needs me, so off you go, 007," she responds. Bond smirks and then heads towards Q's lab. As he walks in, he sees Q, who is on his computer looking at specifications for a car.

"Mr. Bond," he turns around, "it's good to have you back,"

"What do you have for me?" Bond asks.

"Right, come, this way," he heads toward the car, which is covered by a sheet.

"What is this?" Bond looks with a smile. Q pulls the sheets to reveal the Aston Martin DB11.

"Your new ride. This new car is built with all the specifications as your previous Aston Martin DB10, but this one is special. Take a look," he points at the front of the car as he goes to the driver's seat. He pressed a red button and two rockets are readied for firing. "You press the red button once to ready the rockets, and another time to fire. You choose your target with the GPS screen, and to disarm the rocket if you decide to not use them. Also, this switch," he presses the switch, "readies the machine gun built into the car," Q finishes.

"What about the flamethrowers?"

"I gave them better range, and increased the temperature, so they're hotter than ever," Q finishes. Bond smiles at the beauty of the car. "Oh, one last thing. Hold on," he goes to his desk drawers and takes out a white case. He hands it to Bond and he opens it. "The modified Walther PPK/S. Just like the previous one, only you can fire it. However, the range and damage on this one have been amplified." Bond picks up the gun and the green lights activate. Bond smiles.

"Thank you," Bond says.

"Good luck out there, 007," Q finishes. Bond gives a friendly nod and then leaves the lab.