Chapter 2: Retired

SPOILERS FOR THE 2012 and 2015 JAMES BOND FILMS, "SKYFALL" and "SPECTRE" 

A FEW YEARS LATER

      In Rio de Janeiro, James Bond has retired of his 007 days and has become a full time lover of Madeleine Swann. The two are living a happy life in Barra da Tijuca, peacefully and away from the warfare chaos of the world. The water is warmer and wetter than ever and the entertainment as relaxing and pleasant as possible. The couple live in a luxurious neighborhood condominium, which offers a freedom-based foundation, where Bond and Swann can enjoy high class entertainment and occupations. For these two, this is not a vacation. This is a new start in life, away from their old world. Bond's goal is to leave SPECTRE and Ernest Blofield in the past. Swann has taken upon herself to push Bond into adapting to this new way of life, out of love. We now see them in their home, having whiskeys in bed.
"What is it that you want to do today, James?"
"Drink and gamble" Bond amusingly responds. He picks up the TV remote and turns it on. The TV news headline reads: JASON BOURNE IS ALIVE!
"Jason Bourne is confirmed to be alive, according to reports by the FBI and the President. He was last seen falling into the East River. We know him to be connected to Operation Blackbriar, a program designed to create superhuman assassins. However, they shifted their efforts into hunting down Jason Bourne, before being exposed to the public eye." The reporter finished.
"Jason Bourne? Does that name mean anything to you, at all?" Swann questions Bond.
"Not for a long time" Bond responds. Meanwhile, out of the blue, a man in a stylish suit appears in the neighborhood. He takes out a file detailing James Bond's new life, including his new home. He walks towards Bond's home, without Bond realizing it. Meanwhile, Bond turns off the television and lies on his back. Swann joins.
"Who's Jason Bourne?" She whispers.
"A bloody ghost. One you can not catch," Bond responds.
"He's American and was last seen operating in America, so what did MI6 have to do with it?" Swann asked.
"The MI6 suspected the CIA of conducting illegal experiments. They were suspected of creating human weapons. Jason Bourne was the only asset to escape from the program. He knows everything about the program and it's endless revivals. I was tasked with bringing him in for questioning. However, he was always one step ahead. Everytime the MI6 got close, Jason Bourne slipped. Soon, I dropped out of the race. And then, Olivia tasked me with investigating SPECTRE, as her last dying wish," Bond finished.
"And now he's back. Don't you think you have some loose ends to tie up?" She asked.
"Nope." Meanwhile, the mystery man goes to the management office.
"Where might I find an extra key to The Riserva Golf Resort?" The man questioned the manager. He has a heavy British accent.
"And who's asking?" the manager questions.

"A friend. A friend of Mr. Bond." The man answers back. He looks calm and focused.

"Alright, hold on (looks in his drawers) ah, here you go! Enjoy your stay!" The manager gives the extra key to the mystery man. 

"Thank you." The mystery man heads towards Bond's home. Meanwhile, the laptop on Bond's coffee table makes an alarm sound, meant for emergencies. He opened the screen and opened up the security footage from his hallway. 

"Someone's found us, he has a gun. Get my gun." Swann takes out Bond's  Walther PPK and tosses it to him. He opens the door and aims at the man.

"You must be James Bond. Stand down, I'm here on the behalf of MI6," the man announces to Bond.

"Really? Prove it," Bond responds, looking defensive. The man pulls out his SIS MI6 identification and shows it to Bond. Bond grabs it and takes a good look at it. He realizes it is, in fact, legitimate and puts his gun on the phone table next to the door. "What do you want?"

"For you to come with me. M has requested to see you," the man says.

"I'm retired." Bond responds. He doesn't look happy about this.

"M has frozen your retirement funds. He wants you to come in, says it's urgent." 

"I need some time to think about this," Bond responds.

"You have two minutes," the man responds. Bond exhales in humorous frustration. He enters his apartment and looks at Swann. 

"Sweetheart..." 

"You should go." Swann interrupts Bond. She doesn't look upset or angry.

"Come again?"

"This is important. I know I said I didn't think you should ever go back, but I was wrong. The world still needs James Bond," Bond looks at Swann, nodding for agreement. He kisses her passionately. 

"I promise, I will return to you." Swann nods. However, her face suggests she is uncertain