Chapter 6: Knowledge

"David Webb a.k.a. Jason Bourne was just recently spotted being chased by MI6. After a long chase through the streets, MI6 reports that their people failed to bring him in. We will report more on Jason Bourne as the story develops." As the female reporter finished, the TV is shut off by, none other than, Ernst Blofeld. He chuckles at the news he just watched, as he sips his drink. 

"I spy with my little eye, the infamous 007. Interesting." One of the SPECTRE agents approaches him.

"Ah, have you brought him in?" He asks him.

"Yes, he's awaiting for you to call him in," the agent tells him.

"Bring him me," Blofeld orders. The agent goes out and fetches the man Blofeld ordered. Blofeld finishes his drink and gives glass one of the female servants. The agent returns with a man, who happens to be the retired Colonel Eric Byer of the United States Air Force. "Ah, Mr. Department of Defense. Mr. Colonel of the US Air Force, quite impressive. Mr. National Research Assay Group, what ever that may be. Mr. Eric Byer, welcome to SPECTRE," Blofeld finishes.

"Who the fuck are you and why am I here?" Byer angrily asks Blofeld.

"You spear-headed the, what do you call them, Beta Programs, yes? Little science projects designed to create so-called super-humans. That is you, isn't it, Colonel?"

"What do you want?" 

"Knowledge, Colonel, knowledge. SPECTRE can use some of your super spies in our operations. I only ask for a partnership between the NRAG and SPECTRE. What do you say?"

"You bring me here, against my will. You have your men point their weapons at me, forcing this conversation between us. And you ask for a partnership? You must be crazy, Mr. Whoever The Fuck You Are."

"Ernst Blofeld, apologies for my manners, I never properly introduced myself. And I wouldn't say I'm crazy. I think we can benefit each other as partners. Your secret organization gets appropriately funded for it's little projects, and I have a share of your super spies. Last I checked, your operations took a dip into hell after Jason Bourne released everything to the public eye. In the hands of my secret organization, I think we can help you create more super spies, and make some real change in the world. You and I can shape the next century of history, Mr. Byer. What do you say?" Blofeld finishes.

"Deal," Byer announces. "Now, may I leave?" 

"Not just yet. It occurs to me that I know as much about this Jason Bourne character as the press. I want to know everything there is to know about Jason Bourne," Blofeld requests of Byer. Meanwhile, back at MI6, Bond is waiting for M at his office, having been summoned there. M arrives after a short wait.

"What the bloody hell was that? I give you a squadron of agents, and you leave them behind, just because you wanted to catch Bourne alone?" M says in an angry tone. 

"I work better alone, sir. I always have. Partners slow me down, I don't need them," Bond finishes.

"The hell you do. I was wrong about you  007. You were and always will be a reckless agent. You need to be kept in check. Every time I send you on a mission alone, you somehow manage to fuck it up. Whether it's property damage or killing every single lead you encounter. I will not tolerate it any longer, so you will have back up. Now, am I being absolutely clear?" M finishes. Bond stares him in the eye.

"Yes, sir." Bond responds, knowing he would not have his way. 

"Good. Now, since you managed to let Bourne slip through your fingers, you will go back out there. Our sources tell us he is still in London, but he keeps moving. As soon as we have a lead as to where is he, you will take your arse and your team out on the field, and bring him in," M commands. 

"Will do, sir," Bond responds.

"Good. Dismissed!" M says to him. Bond heads out. Concurrently, Bourne is hiding out at an unknown, abandoned warehouse. He's on a different laptop, looking at flight plans for New York City to London. He sends a message to a mystery person with the number, 678-999-8212, on his phone. The text reads: 07:55 on British Airways. He gets a response that reads: Why so urgent? He responds with a text that reads: You might be in danger. Come to London, ASAP. It seems clear that this mystery person is important to Bourne. The very next day, Bourne has a message ready to be sent to M. It appears that Bourne somehow acquired M's personal email address. The message reads: This is Jason Bourne. Have one of your agents meet me at the Waterloo Station at 19:45. Don't be late, and make sure they're alone.