Chapter 5: Change

In an abandoned apartment building somewhere in a rainy London, Jason Bourne is on his laptop. In his room, there is a table with a long case, which contains a sniper rifle, a silencer, extra ammunition, and a variable zoom scope. On the wall next to the table, there are almost a dozen weapons, ranging from pistols to assault rifle to another sniper. On the main door, there are explosives set up as traps for intruders, along with a rifle in front of the door with a floor booby trap to activate it. Opposite to the front door, Bourne is seen sitting on a desk, focused on his laptop. He is attempting to hack into the MI6 servers, trying various hacking codes. After a few minutes, he gets in.
"This shouldn't be traced for another two minutes. Too bad, I need more time," He says to himself. Meanwhile, at the MI6 underground headquarters, Bond is briefing his newly formed team about their mission regarding Jason Bourne. M is watching him from a distance.
"You've all been handpicked by me and M to capture and bring in the wanted fugitive, Jason Bourne. I want you to keep in mind, we are not authorized to kill him or even bloody shoot at him. Our mission is to bring him in for questioning. You see, he knows everything about the CIA's supposed illegal super spy operations. Now, you will follow up every lead and use every source at your disposal to find this man (he pulls up a picture of Bourne on the screen behind him). Get to work," he finishes. M walks up to him.
"Well done, 007," he says to him.
"That didn't even sound like me. Who wrote that speech, some film writer?" He joked to M. They both chuckled. Back in the apartment, Jason Bourne opens a file regarding the CIA investigation. He reads through all of the evidence that were collected by the MI6 thus far.
"They know just as much as I do, great," he sarcastically says to himself. He reads the term, SPECTRE, mentioned in the notes, talking about their various operations and possible ties to the organization. However, it seems that the theory was disproven following a thorough interrogation of one of SPECTRE's members. He seems to recognize that name: SPECTRE. However, before he can look into that, he notices that he went past the two-minute mark. "Shit." Back at the headquarters, an agent goes up to Bond and M with news.
"007, M, someone has hacked into our servers," he tells them.
"Has this hacker stolen any files?" M asks.
"No," the agent responds.
"Can you get a location?"
"Some apartment in Westminster," the agent responds.
"Bloody hell, an address?"
"Let me get back to you on that!"
"No time, go, Bond! I'll have him text you the address while you're on your way. Just take the bloody team and go!" As M gives the order, Bond signals his team. They gather their equipment and weapons and head to their cars. Back at the apartment, Bourne is looking for any file related to SPECTRE, but to no avail. However, he comes across a file about a super agent named Aaron Cross. He pulls up the file, which has little to no details, except for a blurry picture of Aaron Cross. He checks the time.
"Here we go," he says to himself. He takes the laptop, and heads to an apartment down the hall, locking the door behind him. Meanwhile, two cars pull up, one of which is a two seater that holds Bond and Moneypenny. The other car holds four other agents. They all get out of the car and Bond orders two of the agents to go inside the building.
"Second floor, go!" Bond orders them. He patiently waits.
"This must be different for you, not being part of the action," Moneypenny says to Bond in a humorous fashion.
"I like to think of it as a refreshing change of pace," Bond responds in comical fashion. Back on the second floor, the two agents slowly head towards the target apartment. They are carrying silenced MP5 submachine guns, with attached flashlights. When they arrive at the apartment door, they notice the light is on. They check the doorknob to see if it is open. Suddenly, the door is kicked out by Bourne, knocking down one of the agents and his weapon. The other agent tries to shoot Bourne, but Bourne forces the gun out of his hands and knocks him out with the butt of the gun to the head. The first agent throws the door aside, gets up, and lunges at Bourne. Bourne grabs the agent, punches him in the stomach and face, and then kicks his knee. The agent grabs a gun from his vest, but Bourne takes it by breaking the agent's hand and then knocks him out with a force blunt to the head with the gun. Meanwhile, Bond orders the two agents to head towards the back of the building. Each agent takes different sides of the building and head towards the back. However, Bourne exits the building through the front. Bond, who was hiding behind the car with Moneypenny for cover, aims and shoots at Bourne. However, Bourne ducks and does not get shot. He gets back up and fires to bullets towards Bond's direction, which hit the windows and miss Bond. He starts to run really fast, and Bond follows.
"Stay put, tell the others to stay put!" Bond orders Moneypenny as he runs after Bourne. He chases Bourne through the rainy streets of London, dodging person after person. Bourne suddenly crosses the busy street, by flipping over a car and sliding over another. Bond follows but just runs through a clear path. He is somewhat behind the noticeably faster Bourne. Bourne then spots a row of motorcycles and steals a Triumph Bonneville. He rides off. Bond then approaches an old man, possibly in his fifties, who seems to own one of the motorcycles.
"Sir, I'm with the British Secret Service, I need your bike."
"Fuck off, MI6 cunt!" The man angrily responds.
"Not yet, but I need your bike. (He takes the bike and rides off, heading after Bourne) I appreciate it!"
"Fucking bugger! I'll have your bullocks ripped off for this!" Bond is still trailing behind Bourne. Bourne notices Bond, who is about sixty feet behind him. Bond goes faster while Bourne's motorcycle starts to slow down.
"Oh, shit," he says to himself. He turns into an alley, leaves his motorcycle, and jumps onto a ladder, leading to a staircase on the side of the building. Bond arrives and proceeds to do the same. Bourne quickly reaches the roof of the building, while Bond is a few floors behind. Bond soon catches up but doesn't see Bourne.
"Where the -" before he can finish that sentence, he hears a footstep. He takes out his modified PPK/S and walks around the roof, starting from the left from which he entered. Meanwhile, Bourne picks up a long, sharp piece of glass. He heads towards Bond's direction, who is behind an obstacle. Bond makes a turn but is suddenly nearly stabbed by Bourne. They start to fight. Punches are thrown, kicks are made, and fists are blocked. They fight for a while, as it seems that over a minute has gone by. They seem evenly matched.
"Listen, I don't want to h-" before Bond can finish that sentence, Bourne punches him in the face, hard. Bond falls to the ground, and then Bourne kicks him in the chest. Bourne then grabs Bond by his vest.
"Stay out of my way," he says to him. He then runs, jumps off the roof, and goes through a window. Bond spits blood but manages to get up.
"007, is the target secure?" M reaches out.
"No, sir. The mission was a failure. He's gone," Bond responds, as spits out more blood. Meanwhile, Bourne casually walks out of the building and joins a crowd of ordinary citizens navigating the streets. He does not look back nor does he mind his surroundings, as he knows he is safe for now.