Npov-chapter 13-noises

How can she be dead?! She can't be dead. Is this a joke? Why would Hazel joke about this? She's dead and I need to admit it. But if i admit she's dead, does that mean i gave up? Or does it mean I'm strong enough to say it is true?

Random memories were floating around my head.

}•memory•{

I just ran outside and I started picking flowers for mom. She'll love them.

Bianca ran out too. Soon Hazel followed. They were laughing and giggling.

"Hurry! We need the flowers before dinner! That's when mom opens her presents!" Hazel said.

I picked a little faster. The flowers were messy but we were little, so to us they were beautiful.

"Hurry! C'mon! Before mom comes home from the store!"

We ran inside and placed the flowers in a vase. Then we put the vase on the table.

"Hazel, you go get more flowers! Nico, you go get the presents and set them on that table." Bianca said, taking charge of mother's birthday.

I ran to get the presents we had made and Hazel ran outside again. Bianca started setting the table with our fanciest plates.

I carefully took all the presents and went into the living room, setting them on the coffee table in front of the couch. Hazel came back inside and nodded her satisfaction at the presents.

Hazel put the flowers in the vase and helped Bianca finish setting the table.

To me, a five-year-old, it looked beautiful. I was extremely proud that I got to help decorate for my mom's birthday.

Then my dad came in. He saw all the work we had done and smiled. He set his own present on the coffee table and put a few more flowers in the vase.

"She will love it." He said.

Back then, dad was still caring.

Then my mom came in and gasped. The four of us smiled proudly at her.

I snapped out of my daydream as Cecil started a conversation. Will had his arm around me and it made me feel warm.

"So summer is going to be over soon...."

"And then school will start again."

I looked at my feet. "I don't go to school."

My dad had always banned me from it.

Now a few people may be thinking, 'oh, no school? That sounds like so much fun!'

But it takes away from the 'fun' when you're constantly being beaten by your dad while you're at home. I had always wished I could go to school.

"Isn't there a law....?"

"Laws didn't stop my dad from doing other things."

"We could get you in school, if you want."

I felt like flying. Could I really go to school?! That sounds so amazing!

"Really?!"

"Well, yeah. If you want."

"Thank you so much, Will!" I didn't really know how to thank him. What could I do for him? Nothing seemed to be enough. Especially for what he's done for me already.

They continued to talk about school.

Soon Will's mom came in with snacks. She looked at Will and I and smiled.

I looked at my feet, blushing. I hoped no one noticed. I think Will did though.

She left and Cecil put in a creepy movie.

I cuddled closer to Will. Cecil was sending us random hand motions and I couldn't understand any of it.

House? Rainbow? Tree? Horse? Dancing? Pig?

I couldn't decide.

Finally he gave up and watched the movie.

Well, being a scary movie, it had several scary parts.

And unfortunately the scariest part was loud.

I'm scared of loud noises.

So anyway, the idiot was about to go inside this creepy house. When he opened the door a huge monster was on the other side.

It roared. Really loud.

I screamed. Will looked over at me, concerned.

I started shaking. "Loud-scared-"

Will pulled me closer to him.

The monster roared again.

My shaking quickened.

"Stop the movie!" Will said.

Cecil stopped it.

"Nico, it's okay, shhhhhh, you're okay." He kept saying things like this, but for some reason, I couldn't calm down.

Will's mom must have heard the noises and came back in. She looked worried.

"What happened?" She asked.

Will answered for me, "The movie had loud noises. Nico's afraid of loud noises."

Will's mom said, "Let's have your dad look at him."

She left and Will continued to try to get me to calm down.

I wish I could have.

Will's dad walked in and looked at me.

"Okay, Nico, first I have to ask some questions."

I nodded since it was all I could do.

"First, when Will tried to comfort you, could you calm down if you wanted to?"

I shook my head. Will hugged me. "It'll be okay, Nico. You'll be okay."

"Okay. Do you think this is from your dad?"

Is my fear of loud noises from my dad? No. I had this before they got divorced.

I shook my head again. He nodded. "Okay, Nico. Can you take a deep breath?"

I took a shaky breath. Mr. Solace smiled. "Good job,"

Will took my hand and squeezed it. I felt myself calm down a little.

"Okay. Now can you look at me?"

I realized I hadn't looked him in the eyes the entire time he was here. I looked up at him.

"Okay, good."

He continued to do things like this until I finally calmed down.

"Thank you." I said.

Mr. Solace nodded, smiling. "My pleasure."

We didn't unpause the movie and I felt terrible. It was my fault that they couldn't continue to watch it. Hazel looked at me curiously, as if she didn't know I was afraid of loud noises.

I guess she didn't know I was afraid of loud noises. No one ever told her.

Will hugged me again and I cried into his shoulder.

I ruin everything!

Woooooah fourth chapter today! I'm thinking my next chapter will be in Cecil's point of view. I'm going to make it dramatic if possible. Unfortunately I have no plan. Well, not right away anyway. I have a few for later.

Anyway the word count is: 1027