Lou's pov-chapter 12-snacks

WOOOOOOAH YEAH THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS IS IN LOU'S POV! WOOOOOOAH YOU GO GIRL! KEEP EARNIN THESE CHAPTERS!!!

Hazel texted me saying she urgently needed me. I asked her where she was, and she said at her house. Cecil drove me over.

Hazel opened the door looking relieved. "Oh thank the gods you're here! This is about Nico."

Uh oh. What happened?!

"Does Will know?"

"I texted him too, but he didn't answer. He's probably doing something with Nico. Oh gods....Nico is going to be terrified!"

Now I was getting extremely nervous. "Hazel, what happened?"

"I needed someone to be by my side when I tell Nico something."

"What do you need to tell him, Hazel? What happened?"

"Our mom had a heart attack...she didn't make it."

She told us the story.

To make it shorter, their mom and Hazel were talking about Nico and her mom had a heart attack. They called the police, but apparently the closest hospital had sent its ambulance somewhere else.

(A/N: HAHAHAHA I bet I know where)

"Let's go over to Will's house. He's probably there."

Cecil drove us over and I was climbing out of the backseat when Cecil froze.

"Oh my gods...." He said.

He was looking outside, into Nico's yard. I wondered what was over there.

Then Hazel got out and saw what Cecil was worried about. "Nico!" She yelped.

Cecil moved out of my way and I saw what they were looking at.

There were policemen, police cars, an ambulance, and several people.

One of the people was Nico's dad. Another was Will's mom. There were a few policemen.

But in the middle Nico and Will were hugging, bleeding. Nico was crying into Will's shoulder. A policeman walked over to them and started asking
questions. The other two were struggling to get Nico's dad to stay in the police car.

"What happened?!" I asked. I could probably have guessed, but I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what happened.

"You're both bleeding!"

Cecil just stared at the scene, speechless. He was on serious-mode right now.

Will told us what happened. When he got to the part when Nico was punched, Nico whimpered.

"....and then he punched me and the police arrived." Will finished. Nico hugged him tighter.

"Nico, it's okay." Will said quietly.

How was I supposed to respond to that?

Eventually a police man came over and started interrogating Nico about his dad.

"How long has he been abusing you?"

"Years." Nico didn't give any more details.

"Okay. What's your name?"

"Nico Di Angelo."

"Do you have a mom? Does she know you're abused?"

"I have a mom but I haven't seen her in years; she got divorced and my dad didn't allow me to see her."

"Um, Nico?" Hazel said quietly, "That's why I came over here.... mom.... she.... she died."

Nico started shaking. "No....no she can't be! She can't be dead!" He screamed.

"Nico, it's okay calm down! Calm down! Take deep breaths! It's okay...that's it."

He was still trembling, but he calmed down a little. "She can't be dead. She can't be! I didn't get to see her again!"

"Nico, shhhh. It's okay. It'll be okay."

Why does the world always seem to be against Nico? I mean, he's had a terrible life. An abusive father, a dead mother and sister...the list would go on for ages.

"She's dead, Will! I didn't get to see her again!"

I didn't know how to help.

Nico, it's okay. You still have Hazel. Look, Nico."

"We'll get through this together, okay?" Will said.

He nodded. "I'm so sorry, Will. You shouldn't have to put up with me."

"It's okay, I love you Nico."

The policeman continued asking questions but Nico refused to answer any of them. He was too worried about his mother.

"Nico, listen to the policeman. He's trying to help you." Cecil said. "I know you're sorry about you're mom but right now this policeman needs your attention."

Nico nodded and finally started answering the questions.

Cecil is amazing.

After about an hour, we were all back at Will's house. Will and Nico were on the bed. The rest of us were sitting on the floor.

Nico hadn't said a word since we got here.

Will had his arm wrapped around him and Cecil had his around me.

"So....there is only a couple more days of Summer...." Cecil tried to start up a conversation.

"And then we'll go back to school." I said.

For the first time, Nico spoke, "I don't go to school." He said quietly.

Will looked at him, surprised. "Isn't there a law...?"

"Laws didn't stop my dad from doing other things." Nico said bitterly.

"We can get you in school, if you want." Will said.

Nico's eyes lit up, ''Really?!"

"Well, yeah. If you want to."

Nico nodded enthusiastically. "Thank you so much!"

Will smiled, "You're welcome."

We continued talking about school, and eventually Will's mom came in with snacks.

"Thanks, Mrs. Solace!" We said. She smiled when she saw Will's arm around Nico.

"You're welcome."

After this Cecil picked out a movie for us to watch.

It turned on and I immediately noticed he had picked out a scary one.

That's odd....Cecil hates scary movies...

"Cecil...?" I started. He had a sparkle in his eyes and kept glancing up at Nico and Will.

Now I understood.

As the movie went on, it was getting scarier and scarier.

Nico was cuddled up next to Will and was hugging him. It was adorable.

Cecil was trying to use hand motions to send Will a message, but he just looked like he was trying (and failing) to dance.

Will looked completely lost."uh...."

Cecil face palmed.

I saw that new Harry Potter movie called Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It was so good! I highly recommend it. If you're on the line about it GO WATCH IT NOW!!!!!!
I want to spoil so bad right now!
Word count: 1009 words