Chapter one-npov-captured

I'm Nico Di Angelo. I live in a old town with very few people. My mom and dad are divorced, and my dad is abusive.

I don't have any friends because my father will most likely use them against me.

Well there's my biography. I'll have Will write his later. Anyway, this is the story of the Ghost King.

-

I was bleeding, and I was in a lot of pain, so I guessed I imagined the gold hair and wide eyes looking through the window. I probably did, as my brain was on shut down mode from pain and I was hallucinating a lot.

My dad left the house and I sighed with relief. Maybe he'll be gone for a while...maybe he'll forget about me. Maybe he'll leave forever.

Maybe...maybe...maybe....

I had had a hard couple of days, and that was saying a lot for me.

Then someone knocked on the door. I cringed. My dad probably forgot the house keys and came back. I took the keys off the counter and opened the door a crack to see who was there, assuming it was my dad but not completely sure.

It wasn't dad.

I quickly shut and locked the door again.

It was a teenager that I recognized as Lou Ellen. Out of the children in my town, I liked her the most, but I still wouldn't trust her to be in my house after I was abused. She would probably see my wounds and scars and think I was a freak or something.

"Wait! Nico! Listen! We-I mean I- saw what happened and I want to help you! I promise I won't hurt you. I swear."

Oh. So she knows about my dad?

I unlocked the door a crack and looked through.

"What do you-"

Then the strength of three or four people slammed against the door, throwing me backwards onto a wound on my arm. I yelped.

I quickly picked myself up and looked at the intruders with great fear.

It was Lou Ellen, Will, and Cecil.

I guess I hadn't imagined the blonde hair in the window.

"Nico, listen, we aren't going to hurt you. We just want to take you over to Will's house where you'll be safe." Lou said.

"N-no! I can't-I won't-go with you!" I said, panicking.

"Nico, you need help. If you stay with Will you'll be safe from your dad. It'll be okay."

"No!"

I tried to run into a different room that I could lock the door to, but I slipped over my own blood.

Lou Ellen helped me up, and she must have seen how terrified I was because she hugged me and I relaxed just a tiny bit.

She pulled away and looked at me, trying to decide what to say.

"I thought he would want to come." Cecil said.

I don't like Cecil very much. He was always pulling pranks on random people and I was terrified that he would do one on me.

Now i just needed to decide on whether or not I like Will.

He wasn't exactly mean. But he wasn't like Lou Ellen either. Not that I knew of, anyway.

Then again, it wasn't like I had any friends to compare him to.

"Please, Nico. Come with us and you'll be safe."