Chapter 20

A/N: ^ you guys @ me

You were sat next to the hospital bed, flipping through a sketchbook that a fangirl had given you.

"Woah, are you Y/N?" A random teenage girl asked, running up to you in the hospital waiting room.

"Yeah, hi!" You said with false enthusiasm. You hid your pain for the sake of her.

"C- can I have a hug?" She asked, suddenly nervous.

"Sure!" You said. She wrapped her arms around your waist. The blonde girl looked around your age, but you seemed to be significantly taller than her.

I think I've been around Dan and Phil too much, you thought to yourself.

"What brings you here today?" She asked.

"Umm, a friend was hurt at school, I'm waiting to see her." You lied.

There is no way you were going to tell the truth about that.

"Also, could I have a selfie?"

"Yea sure!" You answered. She grabbed her phone out of her galaxy backpack and held her arm out. You looked at the camera and gave it a smile.

"Oh!" She exclaimed after she got the picture, "I have my sketchbook in my bag, do you think you could give it to Dan and Phil?"

"Yeah alright," you said once more, taking the small book from her hands.

"How are you by the way?" She asked. You looked at her in shock for a split second before changing your expression.

"Good thanks, yourself?" You replied.

"I'm awesome!" You heard a woman shout out someone's name across the room. "Oops, that's my mum, got to go." She said. You mumbled a quick goodbye to her and gave her a wave before slumping back down in your seat.

"Y/N Liguori? You can visit Phil Lester now!" You heard one of the nurses yell. You stood up and made your way to the door.

Here we go

You stopped at a chibi drawing of you, Pj, Dan and Phil, happily together.

Like a normal family.

Gay, but normal.

You smiled and felt the page, your fingers gliding over the colours, obviously coloured with a Copic marker. Three days ago that was, and only now had you decided to look through the sketchbook.

Three days Phil had been hospitalised for.

Three days since you had made the biggest decision of your life.

You heard something stir.

Phil!

Phil rolled around, waking up. He grunted in pain. He slowly opened his eyes, looking around the room in confusion, before his eyes came to rest on you.

"What's going on?" He asked. His voice was deep and rough, having not been used in three days.

"You're in hospital."

"Yeah duh," he replied, rolling his hardly-opened eyes.

"I swear you're becoming more like D-" you stopped talking.

Dan.

"Where is he? Is he alright? Did he hurt himself? Oh please don't tell me he did..." Phil bursted out, voice still groggy.

"...You aren't angry?" You asked.

"No... it was almost like he was debating with himself throughout the whole argument. It was... strange," Phil recollected. He looked off into the distance, lost in his own thoughts. You stood awkwardly before deciding to go tell the nurse that Phil had woken up.