1.

Dex took Faith for the day and I was able to clean the house and wash the floors.

I walk into the kitchen and pour water into a pot and bring it to a boil. I put ravioli into the pot and wait for it to boil. I turn the temperature down and set the timer for ten minutes.

Dex walks into the house carrying Faith and she's fast asleep in his arms. He looks at me. "I'm going to put her to bed." He puts the bag that's in his hand on the ground and then he walks to the bedroom.

I put the sauce into a pot and heat it up.

Dex walks into the kitchen and he takes a seat the bench. "She was an angel today. Mom and dad spoiled her rotten. I have heaps of clothes and toys in the car. I was thinking about taking everything to my place that way when she sleeps at mine there will be clothes for her to wear."

"That's fine. She's got more than enough clothes here." The alarm for dinner goes off and I look at Dex. "Do you want to stay for dinner?"

"Are you sure?"

"I wouldn't ask if I wasn't sure, Dex. Is that a yes or a no?"

"Yes, I would like to stay for dinner."

I serve dinner and place it in front of him. I sit on the stool next to him. "Did you have fun at your Mom's?"

A smile spreads across his face. "Yes, but it would have been much better if you were with me. It feels strange doing things without you. I don't think I'm going to get used to it."

I know how he feels. Most of the best memories I had during my pregnancy and this last year involved Dex. The last couple month hasn't been the best and I wish I could take it all away and forget that it happened, but that's not going to happen.

I push my plate of food away from me. "Dex,"

He turns his head towards me. "Yes, Ava."

"Can we start over? Let's forget about the last month." I extend my hand to him. "Hello, I'm Ava Montgomery."

He smiles and puts his hand in mine. "Dex Clarkson,"

I remove my hand from his. "OMG!" I fan myself. "I can't believe I'm sitting in the room with the hottest Clarkson."

He laughs. "You think I'm the hottest?" He winks at me.

"Yes, I do."

"If I asked you on a date what would you say?"

I shake my head. "I'm not ready for that, Dex." I look at the magazine lying on the kitchen table with Dex on it. "I don't want the paparazzi to see me with you yet. I will let you know when the time is right, but for now you can have dinner with me at home. You have full access to our daughter. Can you call me before you come over?"

"Sure," he finishes his dinner. "Are you done?"

"Yes," he rises and takes the dishes to the sink. He washes up.

The nanny (Jenny) walks into the kitchen and she looks at us. "Am I interrupting a family meal?"

I shake my head. "Dex, is about to leave." I look at her. "Did you have a great day off?"

"Yes," she sits at the dining table. "I spent the day with my sister and her kids. I would like to see my family more often."

I look at her. "You can take weekends off. Dex will help me out then."

Dex turns towards me. "I was hoping you would ask for some help." He walks over to me and gives me a hug. "I will see you on Friday." He walks out the door.

She looks at me. "What do you need time to do now?"

"You can relax." I walk over to the TV and switch it on. "What do you want to watch?"

She shrugs. "Maybe a comedy."

I go through the DVDs on the shelf and I take out The Boss. I show it to her. "How about this?"

She smiles. "Alright,"

I put the DVD into the player. "I'll make the popcorn. Do you want wine, soft drink or a bottle of water?"

"I'll take a bottle of water."

I walk into the kitchen and make some popcorn. I pull two bottles of water out of the fridge and place it on the counter.

The microwave beeps and I pull out the bag of popcorn and pour it into a bowl. I walk back to living room with the popcorn and drinks. I sit next to Jenny and play the movie.

Close to the end of the movie Faith begins to cry.

I rise. "I'll get her." I move toward the bedroom and see someone standing over my child. I switch on the light and see my twin sister staring at Faith.

Christa spins around and looks at me. "It took you awhile to get here. You know you're doing a shitty job at raising a child." She smirks. "I wanted to see how far you fell after I destroyed your life." She looks around the room and laughs. "My children have a better place than this and I also live with the father of my children." She turns towards me. "It was great seeing my niece at the family gathering today."

I step toward my sister and grab a fist full of her hair and drag her to the front door. I open it and throw her out. "Stay away from my daughter and me. If I catch you around my daughter again I won't hesitate to beat the shit out of you." I take one last look at her and yell. "I HATE YOU, CHRISTA." I slam the door in her face and hurry back to Faith's room.

Faith stops crying when she sees me walking toward to the crib.

I lift her out and carry her to the living.

Jenny has her phone to ear.

No doubt, she's telling Dex about my sister showing up. I have no idea how long she's been sneaking into my place and looking at my daughter like that, but it sends a shiver down my spine.

I feed my daughter.

Jenny looks at me. "Dex, is on his way over."

"Can I talk to him?" She gives me the phone.

Me: Dex, how does Christa know where I live?

Dex: She must have followed me recently.

Me: I'm not going to stay at this house anymore. It's not safe for my daughter and I.

Dex: You should move in with me.

Me: No,

Dex: We will talk about that when I get there. Bye.

Me: Bye.

He hangs up.

I am not going to move in with him. He can hire someone to keep us safe.

There's a knock on the door and Jenny walks over to the door. She opens it and Dex walks into the room.

I walk over to him and slap him. "Why didn't you tell me that Christa was at your parents place?" I yell. "I didn't want her to see my daughter."