29

Dex's POV

I pull my car into the parking lot. I step out of my car and I follow the paramedics. A doctor steps out a door and he looks at me. "Do you know what she took?" I give him the bottle and he looks over it.

"Take her straight to the OR. I'll be there in a minute." He orders. He looks at me. "Do you know if she took anything else?"

I shake my head. "That's all I saw in the bathroom."

"Thanks," he walks away.

I walk over to the waiting room and I sit on the seat.

A couple minutes later, Mom and the rest of my family enter the waiting room and they walk over to me. Mom takes my hand. "Are you alright?"

"No, but I'm glad that you're here when I need you."

Mom hugs me. "I'll always be here for you, Dex. I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you. I don't think this is what Ava would want. She would like us to take care of Faith and you." she grabs my face. "Dex, you need to change Faith's name and let Ava have a say. She deserves to have a say. You need to give people a chance and give them time to explain things. You could miss out on great stuff. You've messed up with Ava. I believe you can fix things with her. It will just take time. You need to give her time. Most importantly you need to see a counselor and work less at Clarkson Inc. Your father is coming back from Paris this week. He'll be taking over until further notice. Enjoy life and stop working too much."

I look at her. "I think I need to leave the company for a while and do something else. Do you know if the house close to mine is still for sale?"

"Yes, it is. Why?"

"Excuse me." I take phone out of my pocket and I search the real estate websites until I find the three bedroom house close to my mansion. I dial the number.

Voice: Hello? A feminine voice said.

Me: Hi, I am inquiring about the three bedroom house in Beverly Hills.

Female: It's still available are you interested in seeing it?

Me: I've seen it. I would like to buy it.

Female: Come to the office when you have a chance and I'll get you to sign the paperwork and then it will be yours.

Me: Thank you.

Faith and Ava should have a house of their own. I can't expect them to stay with me after everything I've put her through.

I walk over to Mom and she looks at me. "Did you buy the house?"

I nod. "It's the least I could do for Ava and my child. It would be uncomfortable for both Ava and I if we stayed under the same roof. She needs to get her life straight and so do I. At least this way we can be civil."

Tyson moves over to me. "I'll take time off work and help you fix up the house for Ava and my niece. If we can get enough people to help out we'll have the house completed in no time."

I hug him. "Thanks bro." I look at Mom. "Will you come with me to see, Faith? I don't want to go on my own."

Mom rises and she follows me to nic u. She smiles when sees Faith. "She gorgeous. When is she coming home?"

The nurse looks at me. "She'll be fine to leave tomorrow. Do you have someone that can help you out?"

Mom speaks up. "They will be staying at my place. I'll help him out all I can. After all she is my Granddaughter." She walks into the room and she picks my daughter up. She starts to coo over my daughter. Mom looks so happy with her Granddaughter.

I wonder how she's going to act when she learns that Christa's having Tyson's twins. I can't believe that girl would suck my brother into her web and she doesn't have the decency to tell him that he's going to be a father of twins. Tyson deserves better than her.

I enter the room and I look at Mom. "Did you mean it when you said that Faith and I come home to you?"

She nods. "Yes, I can't leave my son to look after his daughter on his own. While you fix up the house I can look after her. You also need to make time to see Ava in the hospital. Also, go to a few parties with you brother. I don't suggest you bed any women."

I laugh. "Mom, there's one woman that I want and she's in a hospital bed. I was the one that drove her to do this. It's my fault this happened. I should have left Ava alone in the café twelve months ago."

Mom looks over the capsule at me. "No, you shouldn't have. Since, you were with her I saw that you were ready to commit to her. I remember hearing that you went ring shopping with her. Yet, you didn't propose."

I look at the ground. "I wanted the proposal to be romantic and mean something. I couldn't just bend down on one knee and pop the question without making sure that we were both ready for it."

Mom and I exit the nic u with my daughter.

Faith looks at me and I take her from Mom. I carry my daughter down the hall. I peak into one of the room and I see Christa lying on the bed. I kick the door open and she jumps when she sees. "Hello, Christa."

She moves back on the bed. "Please, don't hurt me."

Mom enters the room. "You're Ava's twin?"

Christa nods. "Are you Tyson's Mom?"

Mom moves over to the bed. "How do you know Tyson?"

Christa looks away from Mom. "I met him a few months ago." Her face flushes.

Mom grabs her face and makes her look into her eyes. "I want you to stay away from my boys. I also want you to stay away from Ava. You've caused a lot of problems for the people I care the most about. I don't have time for you to go after 'the good son.' Do you understand, Christa?"

Christa nods.

Mom walks out of the room and I follow her. She turns to me. "Do you know who the father is?"

I look away from her.

She sighs. "I'll take that as a yes. I supposed you're not going to tell me. If it's your brother's I'm going to tell him to get a DNA test first. I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of that woman's mouth. Someone needs to take her children from her when they are born. Then she'll know how Ava felt."

"Mom, she won't know how Ava felt. Ava had no one. Christa has many people. She'll never be alone. Ava's been on her own for a long time and she never had time to make friends here as she worked all the time and when she wasn't working she preferred to relax in her own home."

A doctor walks through the door and he looks at me. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

I give Faith to Mom and then I walk over to the doctor.

He says. "We pumped her stomach. Right now she's in the recovery room. I'll let you know when we've moved her to a room."

I shake his hand. "Thank you, Doctor."