Prologue

It's been two weeks since I brought Faith home from the hospital and I've been feeling exhausted a lot lately. I get woken up at all kinds of hours by my daughter, but I am lucky that I was left with some help by Dex.

The day we got home from the hospital he told me that he couldn't leave me alone with our daughter after I tried to kill myself. He left a Nanny with me and she has been a great help.

When I need a nap she looks after Faith until I can do it again.

Today Dex is coming over and taking Faith out. So, I can get a few hours to myself. He has also been helping out whenever he can.

There's a knock at the door and I walk over to it. I open it and see Dex with a Teddy in his hand.

He smiles at me. "Where's our daughter?"

"She's in her bedroom." I look at the clock. "She should be waking up soon." I step away from the door and let him enter the house.

"How are you, Ava?"

"Tired," I walk over to couch and sit.

Dex closes the door and then walk over to me. He sits next to me. "Can I help you with anything?"

I shake my head. "You're doing everything you can Dex. You hired the Nanny and she's been incredible during this whole thing, but I miss you, Dex."

He pulls me into his arms. "I miss you too, Ava." He whispers. "Everything we're going through right now is because of me and I want to apologize for it."

Faith starts to cry and I rise. "I'm going to get attend to our daughter." I walk to her bedroom and get the nappy out of the pouch that's on the side of the change table. I pull out the baby wipes as well. I walk over to crib and lift my daughter up. "Good morning, princess." She stops crying and looks at me. "My little princess, needs her nappy changed." I place her on the change table.

Dex walks into the room and he stands next to me. "Do you mind if I change her?"

I place my hand on her as I move out of the way and let Dex take my place. I give him the nappy.

Dex pulls the tabs from the nappy and he wipes her with the nappy wipe. He places the wipe into the dirty nappy and then he folds it up and places it into the plastic bag. He changes her and then he looks at me. "What is wearing today?"

I walk over to the cupboard and pull out a pink bodysuit. "She's going to wear this today."

Dex takes it off me and then puts the bodysuit on her. He lifts her up and says. "I'm taking you to Nan and Pop's place."

I hope my sister won't be there. I don't want her anywhere near my child.

I walk out of the room and let him spend time with his daughter.

Dex walks out of the bedroom with Faith and he looks at me. "Christa," I flinch as I hear her name coming out of his mouth. "Won't be at my parents place. They don't want her around."

I smile. "Well, that makes me a little happy."