11

It's been a long week. I've been waiting for Friday to come so Dex and I can travel to North Carolina to visit my parents. It's been five years since I last saw them.

I feel like a bad daughter for not visiting them.

It's not cheap to fly anywhere when you have to work for all the money you need to live off.

I look across the bed and find Dex fast asleep next to me. I climb out of bed and shuffle towards the bathroom. I wash my face and then brush my hair. I exit the bedroom and Dex is sitting up in bed.

He doesn't have a shirt on and I can see his muscles and his six pack.

I lick my sudden dry lips.

Dex laughs. "Are you going to just stand there and look at me like a piece of meat, baby?"

I nod. "Yeah, I am."

He climbs off the bed and moves towards me. He wraps his arms around me. "I love you, baby. Are you nervous about seeing your parents after all this time?"

I look at the ground. "Yes! Mom forgot who I was after the accident. But, my Dad's a different story. Will he forgive me for leaving him in a home?"

Dex moves a strand of my brown hair. "Your Dad knew you took care of them to the best you could. When your Mom went missing you knew she needed care that you couldn't provide her."

I hug him. "Thanks, Dex. For reminding me that I did the right thing all those years ago. What's going on with the office since you and I are going to North Carolina?"
He steps away from me. "Dad, will be there today to take care of everything."

I look at the suitcases by the door. "Did you pack my bag, Dex?"

He nods. "I packed everything I want to see you in. I even put in a couple of dresses in there for when we visit your parents. Are we going to tell them about the baby?"

"Yes, I want them to know they will be Grandparents."

Dex wheels the suitcases to the front door. "Do you want breakfast now it do you want to wait until we get to the airport?"

My stomach grumbles and I rub it. "I think I should eat before we leave I don't want to get sick on the way to the airport."

I pick up a banana and peel it. I put a piece of banana in my mouth.

Dex looks at the clock. "The limo will be here in fifteen minutes." Dex and I move toward the bedroom and we get hanged.

I put on a light blue chiffon dress and Dex puts on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

We exit the bedroom as we hear a honk outside the mansion.

Dex wheels out the suitcases and we head outside.

I climb into the limo while Dex puts the suitcases in the boot with the help of the driver. I lean against the leather seat and look outside.

Dex climbs into the limo. He slides across the seat until he's beside me. He puts his seatbelt on.

The limo driver shuts the door before he climbs into the driver's seat and takes us to the airport.