MOVIE >scene132> - A Dorm. A Delinquent. A Girl.

Start from the beginning

Fayth clenched her fingers together and looked down at the floor. She had come a long way. She's been through so much. And to think that on a spontaneous day like this it was all going to come to an end... this was her moment of death. The moment everyone finds out the truth. This was when lies emerge and secrets dance in the spotlight. The moment where her betrayal toward everyone becomes as clear as the summer's sky.

Faint...Faint and act dead.

Swallowing down her fear, Fayth looked up at Mr. Ellis, who looked at her with shock.

A rash... You have a sudden rash. You need to go to the nurses office.

Fayth glanced over at Lexis, who stood against the wall on the far side of the kitchen. He looked back at her with the upmost unreadable expression he could ever manage.

Wait till you find out who your father is marrying you to...

"What on Earth...?" Mr. Ellis exclaimed.

Bathroom... Disrespectfully turn around and run for the bathroom.

Charles covered his face with one hand and shook his head in loss.

"Who colored your hair?"

Fayth looked at John with a mixture of confusion and bafflement.

"Rihanna dear, our Academy has a reputation to keep. We can't have..." He pointed at her up and down with his forefinger, his face twisting with disgust. "this walking on these prestigious grounds."

Fayth laughed and scratched her hair, purposely making it fall around her face to hide more of it. The laugh was due to her body fully relieving itself from the fear it was immobilized in.

He didn't recognize me. He seriously didn't recognize me.

Not wanting to taste the food she had made, he turned away from her and faced Mandy instead. "Well, that would be it for today. It was an interesting experience. I'll come back for the Winter Beauty Pageant event."

Fayth stared at Charles and he stared back. Both of their mouths were hanging open as they looked at each other with shock. After Mr. Ellis left, Charles walked over to Fayth and near her ear whispered, "What the hell just happened?"

She shrugged. "I wish someone could explain it to me."

Glancing over, she realized Lexis was studying them closely. She quickly asked Charles to leave, then requested to leave for the restroom as an excuse.

After closing the piano room's door behind her, she called Vincent and explained to him what had happened.

"Then what happened?"

"He didn't recognize me. At all. I was seriously standing right there in front of him and he just looked at me like I was a complete stranger. I mean, with my raccoon eyes and hair, I expected he won't be too familiar, but Charles knew who I was right away."

"Actually, I pointed you out to Charles at the D triple A event."

"You did? Are you saying he wouldn't have recognized me either?"

"He probably would have. You two grew up together. As for Ellis, I don't know. Are you sure he didn't recognize you?"

"Absolutely. He was appalled by the sight of me. He mutely cursed the day I enrolled into his perfect elite Academy."

"He wouldn't have done that if he knew who you are."

"Exactly."

"This just gave me an idea. If he couldn't recognize you now. Don't you think Lexis wouldn't recognize you vise versa?"

"No no no no no no." Fayth said repeatedly. "There is no way I'm risking that."

Nope. No way will I be that reckless.

"Think about it. You barely associate with Lexis. So he hasn't taken a complete grasp of your character. Add to it that you've talked to his father more than you did with him, and his father still hasn't recognize you, you'd definitely fool Lexis as well. Your hair color, your bare face, your open personality. There is no way he'll ever guess it's Rihanna behind all of that."

"This isn't gambling Vincent. I can't risk Lexis finding out. Plus, I'm pretty sure Lexis is smarter than to not see Rihanna behind the real me."

"There is no way he'll figure out it's you."

"My voice alone will give me away."

"We'll say you were sick and you've lost your voice on that day."

Fayth sighed. Her heart pounded feverishly at the thought, let alone the actual experience of it. She doubted she'd make it halfway through the dinner meeting before fainting from a heart murmur.

"Fine. Let's give it a try."