Chapter 6: Silent

Tsubaki P.O.V:

Kousei's embrace was warm and tender, but I knew it was out of pity. I continue to cry on his chest and uttered,

"I'm sorry for liking you,"

This was no lie... I knew Kousei was in love with Kaori, but I let myself fall and got hurt. 

The sun had set and the sky slowly darkened, the luminescent moon was revealing itself slowly, Kousei and I parted. He blushed as we avoided eye contact. 

"We should get going," I muttered

He nodded, the two of us walked in a distant. It was awkward, I gazed above. The sky was beautiful, the stars had started to shine brightly and air, was starting to cool down, I stole a glance at Kousei. 

"Hey, Tsubaki," mumbled Kousei "what are we now?"

"Friends is the best way to describe us," I answered, "don't think I'll avoid you, I'm sticking with you till the end of time!" 

I smiled as our gap narrowed a bit, Kousei seemed rather odd. He's been clenching his stomach for a while now and he looks paler than before. I didn't say anything and just looked up 6 more days till camp huh? 

>> Next Day <<

Even though I announced that Kousei and I should just be friends, I found it hard to approach him or even come near him. Kousei was always in the corner of the room listening to his MP3 and writing at his score. 

I felt an arm over my shoulder... Watari. 

"Why so lonely?" Watari asked in a sarcastic tone

I glared at him as he rested his head against my shoulder, he's always touchy-touchy. I didn't bother to resist him, I inserted a pocky stick into my mouth as I remembered how yesterday dramatic confession. My face began to redden. 

"Are you two dating?" My classmate Yahari Rin asked 

Watari and I burst out laughing.

"As if I'd go out with this gorilla" Watari pointed out

"As if I'd go out with this playboy" I insulted

I never once thought of going out with Watari, he's always out chick hunting. I sighed as I stared at Kousei.

 Kousei noticed and reddened, he continued to write in his piece. Embarrassed, I chatted with Watari about the winter cup to avoid eye contact.  

"Hey, Watari have you figured out what you want to become in the future?" I asked

"Professional soccer player duh," he replied sarcastically 

"Oi, go and talk to Kousei. He looks like a wimp by himself," I announced

"Okay then," He said 

I was sitting by myself, I stared at the clouds that were slowly passing by. I chewed my stick of pocky 5 more days...

>> Next day <<
Today was the same as yesterday we didn't utter a word to each other, we agree to be friends but it just wasn't the same... Why?

I didn't know how to approach him let alone call him out like I used to do. 'Baka Kousei...' I spoke, a rush of memories came rushing back... I began reminiscing playfully bullying him and lying on his shoulder for no particular reason at all. I didn't produce any tears whilst thinking about the past, sure I missed it but I'm already tired of crying.

I gazed at him peacefully... Watching him is fine, just as long as I can silently by his side.

I'm content, my lips formed a broken smile...

My eyes dilated, I heard a loud thud.

"KOUSEI!"
----------------------------------------------
Cliffhanger! ;) hehe
Sorry for the late update I got busy with studies. 
Don't forget to Vote
Comment at telling me how it is.
And follow meh : DD