Chapter 3: Autumn

Tsubaki P.O.V:

I brushed my soft, brown hair. I stared at the house beside me.

"Arima Kousei... A kid brother I fell in love with," I uttered, he was always there for me, when I was happy or sad. I never resented Kaori, not once... But although Kousei was never mine, I felt her taking him away from me. 

I sighed as I continued to study, I spun my pen. Algebra was such a pain, it confuses me every time, I took a deep breath and took a sip of water. I haven't been to Kousei's house for a long time, it's been forever. 

"I'll take a short visit," I whispered

I wore my usual clothes and left the house. Autumn was beautiful, my favourite time of the year, the leaves were dancing around the streets and the breeze was rushing through the trees. I smiled and gazed at the sky. 

"Hey Kaori-chan, how is it up there? Kousei is still a cry baby as usual... I miss you so much it breaks my heart, I'm sure Kousei feels the same," I uttered, a tear slipped from my eye. I felt so lonely than ever before, it's been so long since I heard Kaori's voice and I'm still longing to hear it. 

I was in front of Kousei's door, I wiped my tears away. I knocked but there was no answer, all I could here is a faint sound, but it sounded so bitter. I opened the door slowly.

"I'm coming in," I whispered, the sound resonated as I continued to walk towards his room, I opened the door and witnessed him breathing heavily while playing a melody.

"Tsubaki?" He said I pressed my palm against his forehead, he was burning up. 

"You're burning up!" I exclaimed, but he continued playing. He was pouring his body and soul into his music, I would never understand why. 

"Am I? It will probably pass," ha spoke, music was destroying him I thought. 

"Please Kousei, do it for me, stop pushing yourself!" I replied, he paused and looked at me with a smile. He looked like hell.

"Is that so, then I'll do it for you," Kousei said softly, I smiled. I dragged him to his bed and cooked him miso and rice. I dropped a pill into his glass of water and entered the room. He sat on his bed patiently waiting for me gazing at the window. 

"Here," I spoke, handed him the bowl of soup and rice, he ate it slowly. He was a few centimeters away from me and I just stood there staring at him, Arima Kousei the kid brother who I had fallen for the kid brother who always made me smile. Shortly after he fell asleep.

I stroked his black hair, Tsubaki you're such a weirdo I told myself. He started mumbling all sorts of things I didn't understand. A name slipped out of Kousei's lips.

"Kaori" 

I paused and sat there, it's always her. He never once looked at me as a girl.

"Baka Kousei," I whispered "B-baka Kousei." 

How did I fall for him?

How did I get myself into this unrequited love? 

It hurts, it hurts so much. To the point I can't breathe, we were only friends. Full stop. Nothing more Nothing less. But even if it pains me to see someone I love, love someone else, silently being beside them is enough.

I left his home, I love Autumn. It was such a lonely season...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo~ Chapter 3 is done! Have you guys seen shelter yet?

Kinda reminds me of this chapter ; - ; I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

If it's autumn at your place right now, take some time to watch it fall. It's really beautiful. :)

Vote, Follow and Comment! See ya in chapter 4~ :D