Prologue: You

Arima Kousei P.O.V

How long does it take for scars to fade or wounds to heal? Two seasons have passed since the death of Miyazono Kaori and yet I am still fixed at the past, I thought I could continue without her but every step I took out in this colourful world felt empty.

My best friend Tsubaki gleefully smiled, carefully studying the bakery's menu. I heard a ring from the counter and instantly a sweet aroma of baked goods filled my nostrils, the nostalgic scent was enough to visualize Miyazono.

"What are you ordering Kousei?" Tsubaki asked

I stared at the menu.

"Canele..." I blurted

"What was that?" Tsubaki asked again

"Oh! Um, Croissants and coffee," I answered smiling

Tsubaki nodded, walking off to the counter. I sighed and gazed outside the small café, I guess that's the only thing I was good at, plastering smiles and masking my feelings. No one knew, and I planned to keep it that way, no one has to know.

Moments later Tsubaki came back with a tray of our order, her energetic vibe never left her and yet here I am grieving hoping Miyazono would burst in and shout my name. Suddenly a faint melody of a violin started playing.

"Don't listen..." Tsubaki muttered "It's just gonna hurt you"

"Don't worry about me," I replied

The melody only grew louder, it was as if the melody itself was the voice of Kaori. I bit my lower lip as I retained the aching pain, Tsubaki tried to lighten the mood but it was useless, I was submerged in deep thought and lingering memories.

"Hey, Tsubaki..." I uttered "I think... I need to go and practice now"

"Oh... I wanted to spend more time with you," She mumbled

I apologized and paid for my share of the pastries. I left the café, I started walking and then eventually I was sprinting. I longed to listen to the tone of her tender voice, the way she softly, whispered 'Idiot' and ordered me to get her favorite pastry. I could still remember the sweet scent as we walked side by side to her bakery and lastly... I could still feel her grasp that dragged me into this colorful world.

I felt the mattress press against my body, I could see the sight of the piano collecting dust once again. How long do scars take to fade or wounds to heal? How long must I suffer to experience happiness once again? A small whimper escaped from my lips as I dozed into sleep.

"Friend A?" A familiar voice called out

I turned around, my eyes dilated. It had been so long since I see this scene, the glassy skies which had a beautiful reflection of clouds, the grand piano which was in the middle of no-where and a cherry blossom that was gradually losing its color.

"M-Miyazono san?" I answered

To my surprised she revealed herself, she tucked her golden lock behind her ear. I knew this was a dream, but I had a desire to remain here. I stared at her fragile physique, she wore the same white dress and was holding her violin. Her grey eyes stared back at me, she chuckled.

"Long time no see" Miyazono smiled

I buckled my knees and gazed at her grinning façade.

"It really is you," I whispered, a singled tear rolled down my cheek and to the glassy sky.

---

This is a re-write of the prologue, can't believe this fanfic is 2 years old xD I'll be re-writing more chapters, so I can cringe less when I'm older haha. :)

Don't forget to FOLLOW, COMMENT, VOTE (please)