Chapter 16

*A WEEK LATER*
"Cameron, get your stuff out of my apartment! You cheated on me, you find a new place to stay" I screamed into the phone.
"Please can we work this out??" he pleaded.
I hung up and slammed my phone on Dylan's table. I've been staying with him for a little over a week now because my parents still think Cam and I are on our honeymoon.
"I'm sorry I'm putting you through this Dylan" I said, grabbing my pocketbook.
"It's okay! Let's go, I'll drive you to your apartment" he said, grabbing his keys off the hook.
We pulled into my driveway and everything felt different. It didn't feel like home to me anymore.
"Thanks D, I'll call you later" I said and shut the door.
He drove away and I unlocked the door, slowly opening it. It all looked the same but the feeling was different. I got a bad vibe from this apartment now. Everything has changed.
I set my bag down and made my way up to Cam and I's room. I heard the door open downstairs and I wasn't in the mood to argue.
"Y/n?" he said, walking into the room.
"Yeah, you can have the apartment...I'm gonna find somewhere else to live" I said, packing my stuff into leftover boxes from when we moved in.
"Why can't we work this out?" he asked, starting to get aggravated with me.
"No! You don't have the right to get mad at me Cameron! You've cheated on me multiple times and I should've seen this coming. I'm done with this marriage and I'm done with you. After our divorce is over, I never want to see your face again" I said.
"Fine, I'll set up an appointment for a divorce" he said and walked out of the room.
I packed up all my clothes and personal belongings and then left, leaving the apartment behind.
I drove over to Dylan's and knocked on his door.
"Yo, come in" he yelled.
I opened the door and placed my stuff on his counter.
"Is it okay if I stay here until college starts? It's only a month away" I said, sitting down next to him on the couch.
"Of course, I like having you here" he replied smiling.
I put my head on his shoulder and then put a blanket over us.
He pulled off the blanket and turned towards me.
"I really like you Y/n, like really like you. Ever since you left me for Cam, I couldn't get my mind off you. Will you please be my girlfriend? I've missed you so much" he said, holding my hands.
"I've always had a love for you. Always" I said and placed my lips on his.
We moved in sync, his hands traveling down to my hips, pulling me on top of him. I straddled his body, running my hands through his hair. His tongue, exploring my mouth. He picked me up, moving me to his room and placed me on the bed. He tore off my shirt and pants and threw them across the room. I pulled his shirt off and his abs were better than before.
"Workout?" I asked him.
"Of course" he replied, smirking.
His lips explored my body, leaving hickeys on my neck.
"I think I'm in love with you" he said.
"I think I'm in love with you too" I replied back.
*THE NEXT MORNING*
My body felt warm against Dylan's. My head laid on his chest and his fingers ran through my hair.
"How'd you sleep?" he asked, kissing the top of my head.
"Don't act like we slept D" I said, giggling.
He smirked and then got out of bed. I heard the shower turn on and then I got out of bed to get dressed. Today was the day of our divorce trial. I changed into a black button up shirt and a pair of black slacks. I brushed my hair and put on mascara and foundation.
"I'm leaving babe! See you later" I yelled and then left.
I stood across the waiting room from Cam. I could feel his glare burning a hole through my heart. I heard footsteps coming towards me and I slowly looked up.
"Hi" he said.
"Hey" I replied with sadness.
"I know this is all my fault but this isn't easy for either of us and I just think it's better to be together right now than standing apart" he said, showing a small smile.
I just smiled in return and then we were called into the room.
"Y/n, Cameron, my name is Melissa. I'm here to sort out your divorce. Please, take a seat" she said, sitting in a chair across from us.
"Here's the paperwork for both of you. Please fill out everything and let me know if you have any questions. I know this is hard for both of you but please try your best to stay calm" she mentioned and then left, shutting the door behind her.
I filled out the first page which just needed my information and then I continued to fill out the second page. I finished before Cam and I looked over to him and he hadn't filled out anything.
"Cameron, you're gonna need to fill it out" I said.
"How is it that we were so happy one moment and getting divorced another. I just can't believe I fucked up this bad. To be honest, I didn't even want to have sex with Jess...at all. I'm confused as hell as to why I did it. I'm so sorry Y/n and I fucking love you. I'll sign these papers if you want me to, I just want you to be happy" he said, picking up the pen.
"Please sign them" I said and got up and left.
About 10 minutes later, Cam walked out of the room and joined us in the hallway.
"We're going to need to check all the paperwork before we can declare you two divorced" Melissa said, opening the door back up.
We sat down, talking about the paperwork and the divorce for about a half hour.
"I have a question, how do I get a drug test?" Cam asked.
"Why is that relevant Cameron?" Melissa asked.
"I just need one...please" he stated.
"Well we give them here but we need a blood sample and a pee sample too" she said, grabbing two cups from the drawer.
"Cameron what the hell are you doing?" I asked.
"Just relax, please let me do this. I think it will explain everything" he said, putting his arm out for the needle.
Melissa drew his blood and then Cameron went to the bathroom to take a pee sample. He came back and set both down on the table.
"I'll be right back" Melissa said.
"Please explain to me what's going on" I said, starting to get annoyed that he was wasting my time.
"I didn't want to have sex with Jess. I didn't want to cheat on you. I don't even remember getting into the stall with her to do it. I'm getting a drug test because I think my drink was spiked...by Jess. I don't know if this will change your thoughts about any of this but I want to know...for myself" he said, sighing.
Honestly, it might change my view on this. If he was drugged then it wasn't "him" who had sex with her. He couldn't help it. But oh god, what about Dylan? I really really like Dylan but I love Cameron and our marriage is at stake over this. I'm not married to Dylan, I don't even love Dylan...yet.
"Cameron, I'm afraid that you were drugged two weeks ago. I'll leave you two alone" she said and shut the door.
We both got up and hugged each other.
"I'm so sorry Y/n. Even though I had no idea what I was doing, I'm sorry. Knowing I cheated on you, makes me sick...even when we're married" he said, hugging me tighter.
"Obviously I'm so glad that you weren't actually intentionally cheating on me but...Dylan and I are a couple now Cameron. It's been two weeks and I've been staying with him. I'm not gonna say I'm sorry because I'm not. But now since the whole drug thing is true, I don't know what to do. I love you Cameron but I'm with Dylan and I lead him on, once again" I said, pulling away from the hug.
"Do what your heart tells you to do. If you really love me, then come back to me. But if you love Dylan, then stay with him. I want whatever is best for you" he said, smiling a sincere smile.
"I love you Cameron. I always have. Even when you cheated on me. I had so much love for you. You're the one for me and I know it. We're running away with each other and not telling anyone. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're the love of my life" I said and kissed him.
"What did you guys decide?" Melissa asked us.
"The divorce is off" I said and ripped up the papers.
We held each other's hands and ran out of the office.
I loved him and I knew I was making the right choice.

*THE END*