Chapter 15

We sat in Dylan's car for what seemed like hours, talking about our problems and how life isn't always fair. Some part of me wishes I stayed with Dylan and didn't go running back to Cam. But another part of me is glad that I went with Cam because of his personality and love that he showed towards me.
"You want me to drive you back to your place to pack up your stuff?" he asked me, putting the car in drive.
"That would be awesome, thank you" I replied, looking at him.
"What?" he asked.
"I don't know. If you weren't here, I honestly don't know what I would be doing. I'm just really grateful for you Dylan...I just want you to know that" I said smiling.
"I'm in the same position, if you weren't here, I'm not sure what I would do either" he replied and then drove off.
When we got to the place Cam and I were staying at, his car was in the driveway.
"Do you want me to come in with you?" Dylan asked.
"No, I think I'll be fine" I said and headed for the front door.
I looked around and saw beer and vodka bottles on the floor and food packages.
"Cameron?" I yelled up the stairs.
I made my way upstairs and opened our bedroom door. He laid there asleep. He looked so peaceful and handsome. Ugh I can't do this to myself.
I packed up all my clothes and toiletries into my suitcase and then wrote a note to him.
It said, "Cameron, I'll be gone by the time you read this. Our time together was some of the happiest times in my life. For whatever reason you cheated on me with Jess, I forgive you. I don't want to hold grudges anymore. Find someone that you will love and hold onto forever and learn from the mistakes you made with me. I'm sure you love me or loved me and I know that you didn't mean anything you did, deep down. I love you Cameron. Goodbye"
I placed the pen on top of the note and then slowly shut the bedroom door. I grabbed my suitcase and then made my way down the stairs to the front door. I took one last glance at the cabin and then shut the door. I placed my suitcase in the trunk and then hopped into the passenger seat.
"Okay, ready to go?" I asked him.
"Yes, buckle up" he winked.
We drove for awhile. I slept on and off, still thinking about memories of Cam and I. His smile kept popping into my head and his perfect body crossed my mind every time I tried to forget about him. I turned on the music and sang a little bit to try to get my mind off of him.
"Okay, we're here. Want me to stay with you for the night?" he asked.
"I mean, if you want" I said.
"There's nothing I'd rather do right now" he said, grabbing my suitcase from the trunk.
We walked inside Cam and I's apartment and I suddenly became angry. Everything we've been through together, thrown away just like that. This apartment, our marriage, our honeymoon, everything we had...gone.
"You know what, let's go to my house. My parents won't mind" he smiled.
We went to his place and we went up to his room.
"I still have to move out, move back in with my parents, and then I'm off to college. Plus I have to file a divorce" I said, slamming my fists on his bed.
"Shh, calm down" he said, picking me up and placing me on his bed.
"I'm so sorry Dylan, I don't mean to be like this. I know you're going through a breakup too" I said, hugging him.
We laid together on his bed, my head on his chest and his arms around me. He made me feel safe and that the world only revolved around us. I know it sounded selfish but I liked it. I liked him.