Chapter 6

"Y/n, I'm here for you" Jess said.
"I know, thank you. It's just...he moved out for a reason and our life has been good since then. He doesn't need to come back into our life and make things worse again" I said, sitting up on the edge of my bed.
"I know, it's hard. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to. It might just take a little while" she said.
"Thank you" I said and then hugged her.
We laid back on my bed and put on a movie to watch to relax. I felt most comfortable around Jess because she's been there for me since we were little. We always have each other's backs no matter what happens.
"I'm gonna go get ready for bed and then we can talk and watch more movies" she said and then went into the bathroom.
I picked up my phone and checked social media and my messages.
There were 8 messages from Cameron.
"Hey"
"Y/n I'm sorry"
"I fucked up"
"Please text me back"
"I need you in my life"
"Okay whatever, don't respond"
"Wait, respond"
"Ugh, goodnight"
Even though he irritates me beyond belief, I still have major feelings for him. He makes my heart melt and I don't know why.
"Okay, what do you wanna watch?" Jess said, interrupting my thoughts.
"Oh, what were you thinking about?" she asked.
"Cam..." I replied.
"Y/n. You're too good for him. Stop letting him find his way back into your life" she said.
"I know but I can't help it. He's so cute and his personality is fun. He's nice around me, it's just he comes off as a jerk sometimes" I replied.
"...All the time" she whispered.
"I know" I said.
We turned on the tv and we talked for what seemed like hours. It was almost 3 am and we were getting tired.
"I'm gonna go to bed, night Y/n" Jess said.
"Yeah me too, night" I replied.
The next morning Jess was still asleep and I woke up at 11 am.
"Jess!" I said.
"Jess wake up" I said again.
I picked up a pillow and threw it at her.
"God Y/n, what?!" she said, rubbing her eyes.
"Sorry, I was just bored" I said, laughing.
"Of course you were. Well I'm up now so, let's get ready" she said.
We got dressed and did our makeup and hair.
"We legit just got ready for nothing" I said.
"No we didn't. Come on!" she said and ran down the stairs.
We both got in her car and she drove for 15 minutes before I asked where we were going.
"Jess, where are you taking me?" I asked.
"There's a school event, it's at the beach and it's a huge party with drinks and games" she said.
"Okay cool!" I replied.
We finally got there and immediately I saw Cam sitting on top of his jeep, drinking a beers with his friends.
"Y/n, eyes off" Jess said.
"But it's so harddddd" I joked.
We parked the car and then got out to have fun and enjoy ourselves.
"Y/n!!" Cam yelled across the parking lot.
I waved quickly and then walked away to go get a drink.
I grabbed two beers for me and Jess and then saw Cam running over to me.
"Hey! Did you see my texts?" he asked me.
"Yeah, I was going to bed though" I replied.
"Oh okay, that's fine! Wanna come join?" he asked and pointed to his jeep.
"Why not" I said and grabbed Jess's hand.
We found a spot on the roof of his jeep and cam turned up the music.
"Enjoying yourself so far?" he asked me.
"Yes" I said.
"Good, I've missed you. I know I messed up by getting drunk but I'm sorry. I know I also messed up by being a total fuckboy. Please forgive me, I've changed. I've been thinking a lot over the past few days and it really got me to change the way I am" he said, placing his hand on top of mine.
"Wow Cam, just by saying all that, it made me realize that you actually may have changed your ways" I said, laughing.
"Forgive me?" he asked.
"Yes" I replied.
He placed his lips on top of mine and grabbed my waist, holding my body close to his.
This was going to be a fun night.