Prologue

Prologue

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-*

I groan as I slam my hand down on my alarm. I stretch and immediately regret it when I feel the soreness from last night's fight. I roll out of bed and walk to my bedroom and look in the mirror.

What I see in the mirror is nothing special. I see a girl with dark brown almost black hair, with brown eyes that have been dull for years. I sigh and raise my shirt so I can see the bruises from my opponent last night.

If  you haven't guessed yet I am a street fighter and a good one at that. I fight in a place called The Underground where my manager Smith sets up my fights.

Although I'm a 5'3, I still only fight with men. For me that means more money that I win.

Did I mention I am undefeated at The Underground? No, well I am and almost everyone places their bets on me. Or should I say bet because me and my family are moving across the country to  New York which means I have to find a new place to find and make money. That was really my only problem with moving because I don't have any friends here, it's not like people haven't tried i just don't like getting to close to people.

My family consists of Me, Scarlett, my mom, Sherri, my older brother, Oliver, and my younger brother Bennett, but we just call him Benny.

Benny is only 6 years old, Oliver is 17 and I am a year younger at 16.  My and Oliver will be going to the same high school, Central High School. I'll be a junior and he'll be a senior.Although my family still doesn't know about my street fighting, we still are very close after what happened with my father. He left but i know he will come back and finish what he started and that's why I started street fighting. I need to be able to protect me and my family when he does come back. I'm not letting my family get hurt this time.