Let the Games Begin

HORROR!SANS POV

Setting down the tray of food at the bedside table, I blinked a few times, immediately noticing our lil Kit was out of breath. I could see fresh tear stains covering her cheeks, reddening her eyes and giving them a glassy effect. 'Had she been cryin...?' I narrowed my right eye.

"So uh... what'd I miss?" I asked with a lazy grin, watching skeptically as she waved her hands defensively in front of her, nervously smiling like a guilty child who had just stolen a cookie from the cookie jar. "N-n-nothing!" She quickly blurted out, giving a small, nervous giggle.

"Heh. Nothin' huh?" I turned to face Papyrus, arching a brow while giving him a knowing stare. Paps waved his hands in the same way, a sheepish, innocent smile on his face. "Y-YES! THAT IS RIGHT. NOTHING AT ALL, DEAR BROTHER OF MINE!" My brow raised further. "Uh-huh." I looked him up and down with a smirk. "So uh... gotta question for ya then." I turned slowly around to face Kit, looking her dead in the eyes. "If it's really nothin' like yer both tellin' me..." I closed my eyes for a brief moment, only to open them again moments later, black and hollow, no pupil visible. "...t h e n   w h y   a r e   y a   so   o u t t a   b r e a t h?"

I watched as Papyrus shrunk back with a nervous chuckle, tapping his two gloved index fingers together meekly. Better yet... was lil Kits reaction. It wasn't the reaction that I was expecting, neither. Her eyes were wide, a clear and visible blush dusting her cheeks. 'Was that... a shiver? Heh... well well now. Whaddave we 'ere?' I thought to myself as an evil grin spread across my face, now walking closer to where she lay, eyes still hollow and void, dark as night. I leaned close in until my face was mere inches away from hers. "You ain't lying ta me... are ya... K i t t e n...?"

She shivered once again, her face even redder than before. 'Guess she likes this sorta thing... heh... adorable.' I brought my face a bit closer to allow my blue, ectoplasmic tongue to dart out from my teeth, and lick her on the cheek. She squeaked softly with surprise, a visible shudder coursing through her body. "Heh... salty." I licked my teeth, retracting my ghostly tongue. "C'mon now, Kit. I know you were cryin'. Why are ya lyin' to big Sansy? Hm?"

Was it cruel to tease her like this? Yeah, for sure, o'course. Was it worth it? ... Definitely. She gave a soft whimper as I looked into her eyes once again. "I.. I-I wasn't crying, Sans. Y-you see... I um... I was... I-I was... ...l-laughing..." I arched my brow again, allowing my single red pupil to reappear. "Laughin'...?" She quickly nodded. "Th-that's right! I was laughing! L-laughing... at... u-uh..." She gazed around the room for a brief moment before her eyes lit up and her smile returned. "Papyrus' jokes!"

I immediately sweatdropped, deadpanning with disbelief. "...what?" Papyrus cleared his throat, tugging at the red scarf around his neck, then nodding, agreeing with what she had just said. "THAT'S RIGHT, BROTHER! I AM ALSO VERY GOOD AT..." He cringed a bit, eye twitching slightly. "...M-MAKING... PUNS." I blinked. "..." I couldn't believe it. They were really going all out on this whole thing, weren't they? What were they so desperately trying to hide? "..." It was then in that moment... that I had an idea. For now though, I would just have to play along.

I closed my eyes with a chuckle. "...heh. Alright then. I believe ya." I gave Kitten my famous shrug-wink combo. "Sorry if I scared ya. I was only playin' around, honest." I said with a sly grin, knowing all too well that fear was far from the emotion I had given her. She looked relieved that I had bought their story, and she nodded with a giggle. "It's okay, Sans! Hehe... I just uhm... I didn't know that Skeletons had tongues." I chuckled and shook my head, this being a common statement/question. "Well ya see, we aren't just yer normal run of the mill skeletons, sweetheart. We're Monsters. Which means that we uh... have 'parts' that skeletons depicted in the human world don't have."

I snickered to myself, watching her face grow even more red than before. Teasing this girl was gonna be fun. "Back t' business. I made ya some breakfast." I turned towards the tray that I had placed down earlier, picking it back up and carrying it over to her. "Made some for you too, Paps." I grinned, handing him a bowl of spaghetti. "NYEH... OH, BROTHER! YOU KNOW ME SO WELL!" He hugged the bowl with teary eyes, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Oh! Thank you, Sans. That's so sweet." She purred happily, then turning to look at Papyrus. "I guess he really likes Spaghetti, huh?" She giggled and I grinned, nodding once. "Yep. He sure does. Heh... he suuuure does..."

As Kitten and Papyrus wolfed down their meals, I began to focus on my little plan. Watching with my back against the wall, I grinned in anticipation. So they wanted to play? Well then... three could play in this little game.

// AU: So sorry for the wait, dear Sinners! I had an unexpected injury, and the hospital didn't exactly have good quality Wifi-(or food)-*cough* >w> x3 Expect two chapters in a row as an apology, and as always! Happy Sinning~! <3