The Abandoned Hope

For the next few hours, Paps and I discussed the possibilities of how to obtain medicine, bandages, and other necessary medical supplies. When it came down to it, there was only one option: The Abandoned Lab in HotLand. No one had been in there since Alphys disappeared, not even to raid the building for parts and supplies. Rumors of horrifying creatures deterred even the most ruthless of Monsters and thieves, but it was our best bet. Our only bet. There was no other choice left. "I'll go, Pap. You stay with the human.." I stated, pulling up my hood, shoving my hands into my hoodie pockets as I walked towards the partially broken down door.

"NO, BROTHER. I WILL GO." Papyrus stood up, his eyes burning with DETERMINATION. Taken aback by his argument, I quickly shook my head. "No way, Paps. It'll be too dangerous! You could get hurt! You know how the others are, and the moment they realize we're harboring a human-" Before I could finish listing my worries, he was standing before me, his hand on my hoodie, pulling it back down. "EXACTLY. AND THAT IS WHY YOU MUST STAY." He turned his head to face the sleeping girl. "WE BOTH KNOW THAT YOU ARE THE STRONGEST BETWEEN US, AND IF ANYONE WAS TO CATCH HER SCENT...? EVEN I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM UNSURE OF MY ABILITIES TO PROTECT HER ON MY OWN..."

My one red eye flickered dully as I realized he was right. Not only would an intruder end the life of this girl, but his brother as well. Gripping my empty left socket with a scowl, I shook my head slowly. "Paps, I can't let you go alone. I just can't..." There had to be another way. There had to be some solution. A compromise. A plan.

"NYEH! I'VE GOT IT!!!" Papyrus exclaimed, slamming his left fist into his right hand, his sudden outburst catching me off guard. "Eh? W-wha? What have ya got?" I asked, rubbing the back of my sweating skull. "NYEH HEH HEH! IT'S ELEMENTARY, DEAR BROTHER! WE WILL BOTH GO!" He stated proudly, one hand on his hip, the other raised victoriously in the air.

I couldn't help but stare, dumbstruck. "Uh... Pap? If we both go, then who's gonna stay an' watch after th' girl?" Papyrus just laughed and shook his head, walking back over to the unconscious girl and carefully lifting her up into his arms. "A STEP BEHIND AS USUAL, BROTHER. WE BOTH WILL WATCH HER! AFTER ALL... SHE WILL BE COMING WITH US."

I stared at him, unable to stop myself from giving him a small grin. "Well... I guess it's the best bet that we have." I sighed in defeat. "Alright, Papyrus. We'll go together. But we'll have to tread with caution..." Walking to his side, I prepared my teleportation magic, my eye flaring with the magical burst. "I can take us as far as the Waterfall exit, closet to HotLands entrance. From there, it'll be about an hours walk. Less if we hurry..." I shifted my gaze to the girl in my brothers arms. "...and if we have no unwanted interruptions."

Just looking at Papyrus's expression.. how he looked down at the broken SOUL whom he held close to his own... it filled me... with DETERMINATION. "Let's get moving." Raising my arm into the air, a blur of red and blue magic surrounded us. We were transported to the outskirts of Waterfall. It starts.